QPR Report Twitter Feed

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Carbone to QPR?

-
Mirror
D BRAT BENI COULD BE BACK TOO
EXCLUSIVE
By John Cross
NICOLAS ANELKA is not the only notorious bad boy heading back to British football.

Former Sheffield Wednesday, Aston Villa, Bradford and Derby striker Benito Carbone - who received death threats from his OWN team-mates while in the Premiership - wants to return with QPR next season.
He said: "I would welcome a call from their chairman Gianni Palladini. Next year I would like to play in London."
The Italian enjoyed six years in the Premiership, earning up to £45,000-a-week. His mega wages almost bankrupted Wednesday and Bradford. But he said: "I didn't put my gun in Geoffrey Richmond's temple when I signed my contract with Bradford.
"If someone signs contracts without being able to mantain his duties it is not my fault.
Carbone, 34, now with his 15th club - Serie B side Vicenza - recalls with bitterness how even his own team turned on him at Hillsborough. He said: "On my bathrobe someone designed a black cross writing 'R.I.P. by Alitalia.' They wanted me to die in a plane accident.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/tm_objectid=16601176&method=full&siteid=94762&headline=--and-brat-beni-could-be-back-too--name_page.html
_________________


From a few years back:

BBC - "Carbone leaves Bradford
Carbone wages were threatening Bradford's survival
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/b/bradford_city/2152197.stm


Paladini on Carbone and Bradford :
http://archives.tcm.ie/breakingnews/2002/07/25/story61335.asp

Blog Archive