QPR Report Twitter Feed

Friday, January 13, 2006

Profiled: QPR's New Loan Signing, Blackburn's Andy Taylor

-
QPR OFFICIAL SITE

Blackburn Rovers defender Andy Taylor has been unveiled as Rangers' first signing of the January transfer window.
The 19-year-old, who can play anywhere along the back line, has signed a three month loan deal at Loftus Road and is in line to make his debut against Southampton tomorrow.
Taylor, who will wear the number 33 shirt, has yet to make his first team bow at Ewood Park, but has represented England at under-19 and under-20 level.
He said: "I was told I was joining QPR at 4:30pm on Thursday afternoon, so I jumped straight on the train.
"It's very exciting. I've never been to London before,
but it will be fantastic playing in front of all the fans.
"My family are all coming down to the game tomorrow and although it is very last minute they are all excited."
Rangers boss Ian Holloway has earmarked versatility as one of Taylor's main strengths, but the player himself is in little doubt about his favoured position.
"I'm predominantly a left back.
I like to get forward but I always make sure I do my defensive duties first."Taylor is no stranger to playing in front of Championship sized crowds, having represented England under-20 against Czech Republic at Carrow Road last year."Walking out in front of 26,000 at Carrow Road was amazing - the best moment of my life."A graduate from Rovers' profitable youth academy, Taylor, who is a Blackburn boy born and bred, will be with Rangers until April 15th 2006.
Blackburn will have the right to recall Taylor after 28 days, prior to 24 hours notice being given.
http://www.qpr.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10373~768196,00.html

Blog Archive