QPR Report Twitter Feed

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

QPR 2 Leicester 3 - Holloway's Post Match View

-
TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE

Ian Holloway has labelled the defeat to Leicester City as 'totally unacceptable.'"It' s hard to express just how dissapointed I am. Tonight was totally unacceptable. There were some individual performances that were unacceptable.
"The back line were shocking. I stuck with them after Luton and have they have done well for me, but that was awful. I've never seen so many errors in all my life. I've made one or two acquistions, I'll work with them and think about changing it about because that was unacceptable.''
Holloway had seen his Rangers side take the lead through Gareth Ainsworth with just five minutes on the clock, but a quick response from Matty Fryatt five minutes later levelled the scores.Richard Stearman's 79th minute strike gave Leicester the lead for the first time in the game, but despite Dan Shitttu's header nine minutes from time, it was Leicester who went home with the three points.As the clock ticked down, Leicester struck again through Stephen Hughes to kill any chance Rangers may have had of stealing the three points."I think our expectations need looking at. We need to take a right good look at ourselves. What investment have we had? What have we spent? How many injuries have we got. Gallen, Bircham, Rowlands, they're all quality players and I think we need to get real.
"I don't make excuses for my team, but tonight was unacceptable. That's the worst I've seen a lot of my players play for this club. It was a terrible night.''
http://www.qpr.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Match/ManagersComments/0,,10373~776738,00.html

Blog Archive