QPR Report Twitter Feed

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Waddock

-
QPR OFFICIAL SITE - WADDO'S WORDS

Rangers' Caretaker Manager Gary Waddock met the national press for the first time this afternoon.Flanked by Chairman Gianni Paladini and Club Captain Kevin Gallen, Waddock expressed his delight at being handed the reigns while Ian Holloway is on 'gardening leave.'
"I'm here as a Caretaker and just to be given the opportunity to manage this wonderful club is fantastic. I'm here to do the job asked of me by the Chairman and I'll do it to the best of my ability."My job is to coach and I'm focusing entirely on Millwall at the weekend. I'm really looking forward to Saturday and I'm sure the players will put on a performance that will excite the crowd."Anybody who has played the game or has coached at any level would love to be a full time manager. My strengths are out on the training ground - training and coaching players.
"The players look hungry and everyone has an opportunity to prove their worth."The staff at QPR have been fantastic with me. Everyone has been a great help and we've all mucked in together. We all want to get a positive result and performance on Saturday.''
Waddock also revealed he is looking at bringing in another coach and an experienced advisor to assist him in his quest to push the Hoops up the table."We spoke about Jim Smith coming in; he has the type of experience and list of contacts I'm after. But that's finished now and I'll look at other avenues."We need another coach and an experienced man and I'm working on it.''
The new man at the helm also took time to spare a thought for Ian Holloway."Ollie's done a fantastic job here and I've learnt a lot off him, but unfortunately it's the nature of the business. His loss is my gain and I've been given a great opportunity to prove my worth. I'm only looking at it on a game-to-game basis and getting the team prepared for Millwall on Saturday.''
Waddock also revealed he is determined to alter the style of football Rangers will play - starting with the visit of Millwall on Saturday."The players know the style of football I want to play. My footballing philosophy is to get the ball down and play; be creative. It's all about passing and movement and getting into the final third; having an end product in terms of shots on goal. I want to change the style of play and hopefully that will start on Saturday.''
SEE THE PRESS CONFERENCE ON QPR WORLD

http://www.qpr.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10373~780078,00.html

Blog Archive