QPR Report Twitter Feed

Sunday, July 02, 2006

QPR's Off-The Field Departures in 2005/06

-
ANNOUNCED OFF-THE FIELD QPR DEPARTURES THIS PAST SEASON

[Apologies if any other departures were omitted from this list, Some of the office staff and some of the groundsmen also departed.]


August, 2005: CEO Mark Devlin- Made Redundant...Bill Power out as Chairman
25/8 Official STATEMENT
The Board of QPR Holdings Ltd has decided that Mr Mark Devlin's position as Chief Executive Officer is to be made redundant with immediate effect.
Mr Bill Power is no longer Chairman of the Board but remains as a Director.
Mr Gualtiero Trucco has been appointed interim Chairman of the Board.
Bill Power and Director Kevin McGrath do not recognise the validity of these decisions which were taken at yesterday's Board meeting in their absence.
They are currently seeking legal advice with regards to these decisions.
http://www.qpr.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10373~704872,00.html

[Kevin McGrath & Gualtierto Trucco also left the Board]

1/9 BILL POWER
Today following advice from my doctor and after lengthy discussions with my family and each member of the board I am confirming my departure as chairman of QPR.
I am well aware of the feelings of supporters having received literally hundreds of goodwill messages. But I must be selfish and think of my own health and also the health of two family members, both lifelong R's - my beautiful mum and my lovely father-in-law, who are both in hospital and not in the best of health.
I have been in discussions for the last two months with my fellow board members regarding who could, should or would 'pick up the baton'. I have told Gianni that he should become chairman with immediate effect to help focus everyone on going forward and I have advised him to meet with the supporters groups as quickly as he can.
As I write this, I have just enjoyed a day talking and having lunch with Gianni and on the phone with Ollie discussing possible new signings and things that we thought could take the club forward. I hope, and am sure, that those discussions and my advice will be acted upon and that we all see the benefits for ourselves .
In all honesty, and perhaps selfishly again, I must say it was like a weight being lifted from my shoulders having previously known that a decision I might make as Chairman could affect the hopes and dreams of so many fellow R's. Now it is time to let another friend push us forward. I am not leaving, just taking a well earned rest.
Words fail to express how much I have enjoyed my tenure as chairman, living every fan's dream of helping the club they love. I'm sure I will think of dozens of things I should have said, so for now I will just say a big thank you to everyone I have met and wish you all well.
Once again I ask you to get behind Gianni, Kevin, Ollie and the boys. I know that when we all pull together we are unstoppable.
Come on you R's.
http://www.qpr.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10373~707691,00.html



September 2005: Commercial & Marketing Director Mark Austin
Sept 16: OFFICIAL SITE - AUSTIN DEPARTURE
Commercial & Marketing Director Mark Austin is to leave the Club.
Austin has been at Loftus Road for just under a year and during his time with the Club has overseen a dramatic rise in commercial and hospitality revenues.
Nevertheless, he has decided to leave football and departs with the very best wishes of everybody at Queens Park Rangers.
"It has been a real privilege and honour working for QPR," Austin said. "This is a great club with very friendly staff, sponsors, players and supporters.
"I will never forget the welcome I received and how helpful all the staff - from top to bottom - and sponsors have been, making the job a thoroughly enjoyable experience.
"I am taking up a new role away from football, a 'Monday to Friday, 9 to 5' job, which is also a lot closer to where I live and which will enable me to spend more time with my family.
" It was not an easy decision to leave football, but at least my wife is pleased to be seeing more of me, if not a little petrified at the same time!
"I would like to wish everyone associated with Queens Park Rangers the very best of luck for the future. The supporters and all the playing and non-playing staff deserve every success."
http://www.qpr.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10373~714172,00.html


October: Communications Manager, Phil Harris
31/10 HARRIS DEPARTS
Queens Park Rangers Communications Manager Phil Harris is to leave the club.
Harris has enjoyed overall responsibility for the management of the Club's PR and media relations and all publications, including the official website and matchday programme.
But after eight years at Loftus Road he has taken the decision to move on.
"It is a huge wrench to leave QPR and I will never forget the friends I have made both inside the club and in the wider QPR community," he said. "This is both a wonderful football club and a truly fantastic place to work and I will leave with a host of great memories.
"Nevertheless, my wife and I have decided to return to my native Norfolk to bring up our young daughter and get our weekends back!
"I would like to thank everyone who has helped to make this such an enjoyable eight years. I am very proud of our department's achievements both in terms of quality and also the significant revenue generated for the club by one of the Football League's flagship websites.
"I will truly miss not being involved in the club on a day to day basis and I depart knowing that Queens Park Rangers will be forever in my heart."
Chairman Gianni Paladini admits that the Club will be sorry to see Harris go.
"Phil has done a wonderful job here at Loftus Road, sometimes in very difficult circumstances, and I am genuinely sad that he is leaving," he said. "He will be greatly missed and I would like to wish him and his family the very best for the future."
Harris's departure will lead to a restructuring of Queens Park Rangers' Communications Department. Jackie Bass is to assume overall responsibility for media and public relations as well as continuing to edit the matchday programme, while Billy Rice takes over as the Club's official webmaster.
His remit will also incorporate developing and enhancing the club's extensive new media portfolio and the organisation of associated supporter events such as the popular Fans Forums and live internet Q&As.
Meanwhile, a Publications Officer has been appointed to provide editorial support to the website, programme and all official club publications. http://www.qpr.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10373~735006,00.html


November: Commercial and Marketing Manager, Mike Pink
30.11.2005 Latest PINK LEAVES
Commercial and Marketing Manager Mike Pink is leaving the club after four years. Pink will take up a new position as Head of Commercial at Wembley Stadium where he will concentrate on the merchandising operation, licensing and stadium tours.He said:
"I have some great memories and I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at the club, but this is a once in a lifetime opportunity for me and is the right time for me to move on to an exciting and fresh new challenge."I'm delighted to be joining Wembley Stadium. I'm sorry to have to say goodbye to all my friends and colleagues at QPR and I wish them the best in the future."Since his appointment in November 2001, Pink has overseen the expansion of the club's retail business and has more than trebled sales and made vast improvements to the club shop and online store offering a greatly increased product range for supporters.Since the summer, Pink has concentrated more on the marketing side of QPR after taking on the role of Commercial and Marketing manager.He continued: "I would like supporters to know that it was a very difficult decision to leave the club as I've had such a wonderful time with QPR. I will miss the QPR fans, many of whom I've got to know well over the years."I would also like to thank the staff and in particular our Chairman Gianni Paladini for his support."I wish the club every success in going forward and it would be fantastic to see QPR at Wembley in the future."
http://www.qpr.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10373~748369,00.html


November - Bill Power's Shares Bought out
3/11 BARNABY HOLDINGS
Barnaby Holdings have increased their shareholding in Queens Park Rangers.
The consortium, which already enjoyed a 10% stake in the Club, have purchased the shareholding of former Chairman Bill Power for a sum in the region of £1.1million.
This now takes their overall stake in the Club to 27.8%.
QPR Chairman Gianni Paladini is delighted with the news and believes it underlines Barnaby's commitment to the Club.
"Barnaby are investing in both the short and long term future of Queens Park Rangers and I am very pleased to know that they share my optimism about the prospects for this great club.
"I would also like to personally thank Bill Power for everything he has done and although he is no longer financially involved, he will always be a big part of the club and someone I will always love and respect."
http://www.qpr.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10373~736268,00.html


January 2006, Chief Financial Officer, Chris Pennington (Subsequently reversed)
20/1 PENNINGTON DEPARTS
QPR's Chief Financial Officer, Chris Pennington, is leaving the club and moving on to pastures new.
Chris, who has agreed to stay on until the end of February, said:
"I wish the club all the best for the future and I'll look forward to returning to Loftus Road to cheer on the Superhoops."
QPR Chairman, Gianni Paladini, thanked Pennington for his help.
"I'd like to thank him for his help since we came to the club. I wish him all the best for the future and he'll always be welcome at Loftus Road."
http://www.qpr.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10373~771465,00.html


February: New Media Manager, Billy Rice
RICE DEPARTS
2/2 New Media Manager Billy Rice is to leave QPR after three and a half years at the club.Rice took responsibility for QPR World which is the most successful World site in the Football League.Last year, Rice also took overall responsibility for the QPR website.
He said: "I've been very fortunate to work at the club through some really great times; I'll always have memories of Paul Furlong's goal against Oldham, the day of the play-off final and promotion the following season.
"I've lived every fan's dream of working for the club I've supported all my life and I'll certainly leave with a heavy heart, but life moves on and I have been offered a great opportunity elsewhere.
"I'm sure I don't need to tell our fans what a truly special club this is. I may be leaving in one sense but I'll still be back every Saturday cheering the lads on.
"I'd like to thank the people I have worked with in our department over my time here, Jim, Phil, Clinton, Jackie and Ian and also the rest of the staff at Loftus Road who do a really good job away from the spotlight.
"I'd also like to thank Ian Holloway and his staff and players for being so accommodating and for some great memories both on and off the pitch.
"My biggest thank you is to our fans that make the club what it is and make the website and QPR World amongst the top performers in the Football League. So farewell, see you in the Loft!"
Chairman Gianni Paladini is sorry to see him go: "I wish Billy all the best in the future, the place will certainly be a lot quieter without him. He's been a joy to work with and we'll really miss him around here.
"He has provided a service to QPR World that is second to none and he should be extremely proud of what he has achieved here."
Rice will leave the club at the end of February.
http://www.qpr.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10373~777798,00.html


February: MANAGER, IAN HOLLOWAY & COACHES GARY PENRICE & TIM BREAKER - "GARDENING LEAVE"
2/6 CLUB STATEMENT
QPR have announced that Ian Holloway has been placed on 'gardening leave.'
Gary Waddock has been appointed as caretaker manager and will be taking first team training as of today.
Waddock is currently being consulted about a potential caretaker assistant manager to join him in the next few days.
The move follows speculation about Holloway joining Leicester City as their new manager.
The club is keen to avoid any distraction to the playing side and to move forward with the rest of the season as speedily as possible.
It has therefore put Ian Holloway and his managerial staff, Gary Penrice and Tim Breacker, on gardening leave with immediate effect.
Gary Waddock started at work on Monday morning in training with the players and in preparation for next Saturday's derby game against Millwall.
Gianni Paladini said: "QPR has not sacked Ian, but we are concerned about recent performances and the effect the speculation about Ian joining Leicester City might have on the players.
"I hope we can sort something out with Ian as soon as possible. QPR will always be enormously grateful for the contribution he has made over the past five years, in particular gaining
promotion for us in 2004.
"However, it is crucial the team are focussed and able to move forward, which is why we have appointed Gary as Caretaker Manager. I hope the fans will get behind Gary for the home derby against Millwall on Saturday."
http://www.qpr.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10373~779128,00.html


May, Fitness Coach, Scott Rushton
1/5 RUSHTON DEPARTS
Fitness Coach, Scott Rushton has parted company with Queens Park Rangers after six seasons at the club.
Rushton joined QPR in 2000 when Gerry Francis was in charge and since then, the ex Army Physical Training Instructor has experienced the very highs and lows of football with the Rs.
After a stint at Fulham, Rushton joined QPR and worked alongside the players throughout the footballing calendar.
He said: "I've had a great time at QPR, the ups and downs of administration, relegation and promotion ensured that it was a rollercoaster ride.
"The trips to the Army camps and boxing days, as well as taking the boys to ballet and yoga made sure that many alternative training methods were covered.
"I've enjoyed working under Gerry, Ian Holloway and also during the short time I've had with Gary Waddock.
"The fans have all been fantastic and I'm sad as it's the end of an era but I wish everyone at the club all the best."
Caretaker Manager, Gary Waddock said: "I'd like to wish Scott all the best in the future and thank him for all his hard work during his time at QPR."
http://www.qpr.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10373~824035,00.html


June, 2006 PA Announcer, Pete Nuttal
P.A. IDOL
Do you fancy being the voice of QPR?
The Club are seeking an R's fan to fill the role of P.A. on matchdays at Loftus Road and a la Simon Cowell, Nicky Chapman and Pete Waterman, today marks the launch of our very own P.A. Idol.
If you think you've got what it takes to generate the unique air of expectation prior to kick off and during the half time interval at the home of the Hoops, look no further.
All we ask is that you 'think on your feet' and send in your very own version of pre-match entertainment - which should include a run down of the afternoon's teams and your best efforts at raising the atmosphere of the crowd prior to a big match.
The deadline for all applicants is Friday 7 July.
Send an audio file to iant@qpr.co.uk or post a cassette / disc to The Press & Publications Department, Queens Park Rangers Football Club, Loftus Road Stadium, South Africa Road, London, W12 7PA.
Please include your full name, address, telephone number, age and a brief outline of any previous experience in this field.
Minimum age requirement is 18 and above. For further information, contact Commercial Manager Gary Hooper on 020 8740 2518.
The best efforts will be broadcast on QPR World and although R's fans will be able to have their say in an online vote, the final decision will be made by the QPR press team and Commercial Manager Gary Hooper.
The aim, as ever, will be to offer 'more than just 90 minutes of football' and build on the Club's core principals: Pride, Passion, 'Real Fans, Real Football,' Inclusiveness, Family Atmosphere and Community.
The main focus of the matchday entertainment will be on the team entrance, with particular focus on QPR. The entry should be stirring, and raise the home crowd's pride and passion - not to mention their volume - creating an intimidating atmosphere for any visiting team.
http://www.qpr.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10373~836867,00.html


June: Holloway's permanent Departure Officially Announced
WADDOCK APPOINTED
QPR have announced Gary Waddock as first team manager following the appointment of Ian Holloway at Plymouth Argyle.
The new role for the former QPR boss means that Waddock, who was named as Caretaker Manager in February, will now be able to officially take up the title of QPR manager.
Ian Holloway was in charge at Loftus Road since February 2001 and oversaw 266 games in his time at QPR, experiencing relegation and then promotion.
When he was placed on gardening leave earlier this year, Waddock stepped up from his position as first team coach to oversee the managerial side and has since instilled a 'no nonsense' work ethic at Harlington.
Waddock first recruited Alan McDonald as a first team coach before restructuring the scouting network and transfer listing and releasing 14 players in a bid to freshen up the squad and bring in his own men.
The new QPR boss said: "I'm delighted that QPR have finally been able to officially announce my position as first team manager.
"Now I'll feel a lot more confident in my role and I'm looking forward to implementing further changes behind the scenes as well as on the pitch.
"I've got a great back room staff here and we've been planning the coming season all summer.
"The work ethic and training methods will be subjected to a complete overhaul and we're looking forward to seeing the results on the pitch."You can see Gary Waddock's first interview as QPR manager on QPR World tomorrow.
SEE ALL THE AC

http://www.qpr.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10373~853408,00.html

Blog Archive