QPR Report Twitter Feed

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Ainsworth: Won't Be Fit For Norwich on Staff Changes & Furlong Just Missed Out on Playing Reserves

-
Ainsworth's "Step on the Gaz" Kilburn Times - 11 October 2006
Unfortunately, my hamstring injury is still causing me a few problems so I won't be available for this weekend's tie with Norwich.
I had a scan last week and the injury has cleared up but there's still some slight inflammation on the attachment of the muscle which needs to settle down.
I can only really do one day on and one day off in training at the moment but I should be ready to step that up soon.
I was looking forward to playing for the reserves against Crystal Palace last night but myself and Paul Furlong have both been pulled out just to make sure we're totally right.
It's frustrating at the moment as I want to be playing but you have to be careful with hamstring injuries so we've put the reins on my comeback for the moment.
There have been quite a few backroom changes at the club recently.
It's always sad to see people leave the club and they were good guys, but the staff we've bought in seem like great additions.
I've done a bit of work with Joe Dunbar and he's bringing some really good ideas in. He's determined to get the best out of the players and is there to make sure we work to our maximum.
The training has already been modified a bit and the lads are working a lot harder than they have done...
Kilburn Times

Blog Archive