QPR Report Twitter Feed

Monday, October 02, 2006

John Gregory on Players & Fans; his Managerial Return and re talking to the Press & fans

-
QPR OFFICIAL SITE - SPEAKING OUT
John Gregory would like QPR fans to know that he is delighted with his start to management at Loftus Road.
After picking up maximum points in his first two games, Gregory has lifted QPR from bottom of the table to 16th in just over a week.
Victory against Hull and then Southampton saw Dexter Blackstock and Ray Jones on the scoresheet on both occasions and Gregory is delighted how the entire team have adapted to life under the new regime.
"I'm delighted with the attitude that the players have shown, not just on the pitch, but at the training ground as well. Their commitment levels have been first class and they have given me 100 per-cent in everything they do.
"The attitude they have shown towards training, working hard and soaking up new knowledge has been first class. It has honestly been like a totally seamless transition.
"Dexter and Ray have both been superb in the last two games. It's always difficult to single out people for praise, but sometimes it's impossible to ignore someone's contribution.
"I've been delighted with the team as a whole. Our defence has looked solid and our midfield covered so much ground on Saturday it was unbelievable.
"We've had to make early changes in both games, but the character shown by the lads who came off the bench enabled us to continue without disrupting the flow of the team."
After three years out of management, Gregory is now back to his best and feels as though he has never been away.
"Returning to management after a brief spell away from it all hasn't been a problem. Sometimes it feels like I haven't been away, but of course I can't deny that I have. "I've had a lot of time to think and thanks to that; I've been able to approach things differently than what I may have done four or five years ago."
Gregory was also keen to put across a message for QPR fans who may have felt dismayed that they weren't able to read the gaffer's thoughts following the impressive win at St Mary's at the weekend.
"I didn't want to speak with the press on Saturday because I felt that the players spoke for the entire club with the football that they played and the way in which they approached the game.
"I will always want to speak to the fans via the club's website, programme and on Clubcall - that will never become a problem.
"I will always be available to speak with the fans and I look forward to meeting some of them at the forthcoming Fans' Forum.
"They have all been amazing and I was gob smacked on Saturday, firstly with the amazing turnout and secondly the level of noise that emanated from our end, even when we were a goal down.
"They played their part in what was a fantastic day all round."
Official SIte

Blog Archive