QPR Report Twitter Feed

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Derby's Bolder Chooses to Sign for QPR

-
(UPDATED Jan 28): QPR OFFICIAL SITE - WORTH THE WAIT
After beating a host of clubs for his signature, Gaffer John Gregory is convinced Adam Bolder will be a 'huge success' at Loftus Road.
Rangers swooped for the experienced 26 year-old on Saturday evening - with the former Derby County man penning a two and a half year contract.
Speaking moments after a deal had been struck with the Rams, Gregory told www.qpr.co.uk of his delight: "It's a fantastic coup for this Football Club,'' he said.
"We've worked tirelessly over the last few weeks to get him and I couldn't be more delighted.''
Gregory revealed the part played by Dexter Blackstock in attracting Bolder to W12.
"Dexter deserves a huge pat on the back because he's been nagging Adam to come here ever since he knew we were interested.
"They played together at Derby when he was there on loan and he obviously recognised what a decent addition he'd be to the squad.''
Bolder joined Derby County in March 2000 from Hull City, where he had made a number of promising first team appearances and was earmarked as one for the future.
He made his Rams debut versus Manchester United in May 2001, before bagging his first goals in a Derby shirt against Grimsby in August 2002.
In total, Bolder made 181 appearances in all competitions for the Rams, scoring 11 goals.
Gregory added: "He's a fantastic addition to Queens Park Rangers Football Club.
"The Chairman has pulled out all the stops in helping me get him here and I'm convinced he'll be a huge success.'' QPR

QPR Official Site - BOLDER SIGNS
QPR are delighted to announce the signing of midfielder Adam Bolder.
The 26 year-old Derby County midfielder - who will wear the number 7 shirt vacated by Matthew Rose - has put pen to paper on a two and a half year contract with the R's.
Speaking exclusively to www.qpr.co.uk, gaffer John Gregory revealed his delight at the news.
"I'm absolutely delighted.
"It's been a bit of a struggle because of interest from a host of other clubs, but we've got him on board and I'm ecstatic.''
Bolder will go straight into the Rangers side for the trip to Oakwell on Tuesday night.
"He's the ultimate professional,'' continued Gregory.
"He's consistent, passionate and has fantastic ability.
"He'll have a massive influence here and I'm delighted he's chosen us. It's a significant coup for this Football Club.''
Stay tuned to www.qpr.co.uk over the coming days for all the reaction to Bolder's arrival in W12. QPR

Derby Rivals on Adam Bolder Departure - Bolder

DETAILS ABOUT ADAM BOLDER -

Derby County Official Profile - Bolder
Wikipedia Profile - Bolder
Bolder - Soccerbase

Hull Manager Phil Brown on Bolder - Evening Telegraph Brown: Bolder can drive us
Phil Brown feels Derby County midfielder Adam Bolder can add "thrust and drive" to Hull City's midfield.
Bolder was talking to his home-town club last night about a possible return, having left almost seven years ago to join the Rams.
Queens Park Rangers, managed by another former Rams boss John Gregory, also want the 26-year-old.
Bolder spoke to Rangers on Wednesday and faces a choice between the London club and Hull.
There has been something of a U-turn by Hull.
Brown originally wanted Bolder on loan but this was ruled out by the player and Derby. Now any deal would be a permanent one.
Brown is well aware of the qualities Bolder will add to Hull's midfield.
"I know what Adam can do from the time when I was in charge at Derby," said Brown.
"He can give us a penetrating thrust from midfield and drive into the penalty box, which is what we're looking for in the three-man system we're currently playing."...
"Evening Telegraph

BBC Derby/Profile Q&A with Bolder (Date??)
In this new series, we take a closer look at Derby County's squad and find out about their life outside football. First up is midfielder Adam Bolder.

So what do you to relax when you're not playing football?

I've started playing quite a bit of golf recently. I've found that quite relaxing, just walking around the golf course. I'm starting to get a bit better at it now.

Were you taken with the Ryder Cup recently?

Yeah I watched a bit of that. I kept my eye on it. I think it's definitely better to play than to watch though.

Who do you model your game on?

Nobody! I'm not good enough to model my game on anyone yet!

Who do you room with on away trips?

I normally room with Jacko but he's been injured for the last few so I've been rooming with Big Mo! If there's a single bed and a double bed then I have to get in the single one. He's a big lad!

If you hadn't become a professional footballer, what do you think you would have done?

I think I probably would have trained and gone in the forces - or become a policeman or fireman. Something like that I reckon.

What sort of music do you listen to?

I've got quite a mixture. I don't dislike anything really, I like a bit of everything.

What's on your car stereo at the moment?

A little bit or R 'n' B, a bit of Coldplay. Nothing major.

What films have you been watching lately?

Oh we've got quite a lot of them. We watch them on away trips.

So you've all got your own personal DVD players to watch on the trips now?

Yeah I think a lot of the lads have them. It's for the long drives. You get bored sometimes so it's nice to relax for a couple of hours and watch a film or something.

Who's got the worst fashion sense at Derby?

Paul Boertien! I think I'm only saying that because he's my mate. He's not the best sometimes! But I think his missus has sorted him out now - she's dressing him a bit better.

And who plays his music the loudest in the changing rooms?

Doyley always has a bit of music on during away trips. He brings his DVD player along and plays a bit of music so I'd have to say him.

What do you watch on TV?

I like to watch Friends when it's on. That's always a good one.

And which newspapers do you read?

I don't read newspapers. I've never really paid too much attention to them.

Favourite holiday destination?

Somewhere that's not too far away because I don't really like travelling. We went to the Dominican Republic a couple of years ago and it rained for ten days out of 14 - we may as well have been in Grimsby!

What was the last concert you went to?

I've never been to a concert! Not one! I did go to the theatre in London to watch Saturday Night Fever with my missus though.

Where did you meet your girlfriend?

Back in Hull. I've known her eight years now so we've been together for quite a long time.

Favourite tipple?

Jack Daniels and Coke.

Your brother plays too doesn't he?

Yeah. He's in non-league at the moment. He was at Grimsby last season but he's at Ossett Town now.

And finally....what's your favourite goal you've scored?

There's not many to choose from! I would say my second one against Grimsby because it was against my brother's team at the time and it was live on Sky. So I'd have to say that one.

Interview with BBC Radio Derby's Colin Gibson. BBC Derby

Played against QPR in Derby's recent win at Loftus Road (missed an easy goal!) Report

Blog Archive