QPR Report Twitter Feed

Thursday, January 25, 2007

QPR's Suppoed Failed Effort to Sign Irish Defender, Owen Heary

-
Bohemian Official Site - QPR made late bid for Heary
Queen’s Park Rangers made a late bid to capture new Bohs signing Owen Heary, according to the Irish Sun.
But Heary is now settled at Dalymount and says he he’s not prepared to wait to win medals to add to his haul so far.
"I am here for three years at least so I want to win three more in that time. I want to be playing in the Champions League and the only way you can do that is by winning the league,” he told the Sun’s Neil O’Riordan.
"I think it's realistic to challenge for the league. I don't see why not. You might think that with eight new players in you would be happy with finishing fourth or third but I will still want to win the league."
With Neale Fenn also unveiled yesterday, Darren Mansaram signed from Sligo Rovers, and Finn Harps' Davitt Walsh training with Bohs, there are three new forwards at Phibsboro.
But Connor would like to add a fourth - Glen Crowe - believing he would be the perfect partner for Fenn, who has not been a regular scorer during his career. Crowe is hoping to be granted a free release from Shelbourne by Thursday.
Connor said: "I think Neale is as good a centre-forward as any in the League while Owen has been the best attacking right-back in this League, perhaps of all time. I think their signing shows the ambition of the club.
"Gary Beckett made Derry City tick and Neale will make us tick this season. Others can get the goals but I am sure he will want to get some himself.
"We haven't brought him in to score 20 or more goals, we know he won't do but we know he will use his craft and guile to create chances for others.
"Glen Crowe would be the type of quality player I would be interested in bringing to the football club and I would love to see Glen and Neale play together. I think it would be a great combination.
"Some of the issues are outside of my control but if you are asking me is that the type of player I am interested in then the answer is yes."
Crowe is not Connor's only target, as he also wants Sligo midfielder Chris Turner, a centre-half and a keeper to replace Barry Ferguson and Matt Gregg.
Connor said: "We need to bring in another two or three. They have to be of the right calibre and of the right age profile. We have two very experienced players now so we might need to have some younger players so the balance is right.
"It's no secret we've made an offer for Chris Turner but we haven't had an official response yet. He would be one of my key targets.
I was the one who brought him over from England. I thought he did well for Sligo and he's got potential. If we could get him in and work him with the players here it would be good for him." Bohemian

Blog Archive