QPR Report Twitter Feed

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Cook on His Playing Future...Ainsworth on His Recovery

-
Lee Cook Icons Diary on His Holiday, His Awards and his FUTURE

I've just come back from holiday in Dubai with my girlfriend. ...Before I went out to Dubai, I was lucky enough to pick up a few awards, and I was over the moon with them.
At the final game of the season against Stoke I picked up the Tony Ingham Suite award ...I picked up the Players' Player of the Year and the Supporters Player of the Year awards. ...
As for my future, I'm told there are still people interested in me, but I'm not sure what offers are going to come in. My agent is pretty certain there will be offers, so then it's just a case of whether the club accepts them. It's a long time until the end of August, so anything could happen. Like I've said before, until the club accepts an offer for me I'm a QPR player, and very happy to be one. Icons

QPR Official Site Gareth Ainsworth - FOOT ON THE GAZ
The cast is off and that's music to the ears of Rock & Roll midfielder Gareth Ainsworth, as he battles his way back from a broken leg.
The winger, who sustained a spiral fracture of his left fibula in the first half of the R's fixture against Luton Town on April 9th, returned to Harlington on Thursday morning, as he prepares for the next step of his rehabilitation.
In an exclusive interview with www.qpr.co.uk, the fans' favourite spoke of his frustrations of the last few weeks: "It's been a nightmare to be honest.
"Missing the last few games of the season was a blow in itself, but being on crutches for such a long period was even more frustrating.''
Ainsworth, who had his cast removed on Wednesday afternoon, added: "I've got to look to the future now and I'm looking forward to getting back in the gym and stepping up my rehab.''
Physio Prav Mathema, who is continuing to monitor Ainsworth's progress prior to his departure from the Club at the end of June, is adamant the midfielder will be firing on all cylinders for the start of pre-season.
"The aim is to get Gareth back to full fitness for the start of pre-season training,'' he said.
"The aim is to get Gareth back to full fitness for the start of pre-season training.''
"It's such a crucial period for a footballer, so we'll be doing everything we can to get him fit for the start of July.'' QPR

Blog Archive