QPR Report Twitter Feed

Friday, June 15, 2007

Bignot's High Praise for Gregory

-
QPR Official Site - Bignot Comments
New' signing Marcus Bignot insists it's time for the current QPR squad to deliver the goods.
Speaking after putting pen to paper on a new one year contract, the versatile defender gave www.qpr.co.uk his thoughts on the campaign ahead.
"It's time for us to show what we're capable of under John Gregory,'' he said.
"There can be no excuses next season and I don't think there will be the need to make any.
"I've always said a Manager can only be judged once he's been able to bring is his own people over the summer and I genuinely believe we'll make great progress next season.
"I'm sure we won't be in the position we were in last season - I've got no doubt about that.''
The 32 year-old believes John Gregory's experience and know-how will stand Rangers in far greater stead next season, commenting: "I expect us to push on as a Club next season.
"I've been in the game long enough to know it's not just about the players - the Manager plays a crucial role and I've been blown away by his approach to everything, both on and off the pitch.
"Only a man of his ilk could do what he's doing and for that reason alone the future is very bright at Queens Park Rangers....''
"I'll always look back at last season fondly from a personal point of view,'' he said.
"It was a difficult period on the pitch, but we saw it through and as captain it was tremendously satisfying.
"I saw it as a celebration, both for myself, the rest of the squad, the staff and the supporters.'' QPR

Blog Archive