QPR Report Twitter Feed

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Ex-QPR Chairman Bill Power on his Continued Interest in Swindon Takeover

-
Swidnon Advertizer - SWINDON TOWN: Trust want CVA answers
By Gareth Moorhouse
TRUSTSTFC chairman Paul Davis has challenged Swindon Town officials to reveal their hand as the clock ticks down towards the deadline for the CVA payment.....
Meanwhile, the Swindon Advertiser understands a new investor has shown an interest in the club, in addition to the previous mystery investor' and the Bill Power-led consortium bid.
But as the club continues negotiations behind closed doors, Davis wants reassurance the board can meet their financial obligations....
Davis would also like to see the club re-open negotiations with Bill Power about a possible takeover.
The two parties are currently at loggerheads over the £1.2 million which Power claims was a loan, with a court battle the likely outcome
.
Power told the Swindon Advertiser: "I'm still open to persuasion, but at this moment it looks like we're going down the legal route.
"I've spoken to a QC and the documents are currently being prepared.
"I would still love to take over the club with the consortium. If the club were willing to offer the deal we first discussed I would sign it right now.
"But all of a sudden there was a totally different deal on the table. I will not sign that now and I will never sign it."
Power also dismissed claims he was about to launch a takeover bid at Queen's Park Rangers, where he was chairman for two years between 2003 and 2005.
He said: "I still have a lot of friends at QPR and I have dinner with the chairman quite regularly, but I still want to take over at Swindon.
"I've had nothing but kindness from the Swindon fans. I don't want to see their club go into administration again because I know how deeply that will affect them.
"I know what I agreed to, and the difference between that and what the board want me to sign is like chalk and cheese.
"I've been left with no other option but to go down the legal route." Swindon Advertizer

See Also: For Ex-QPR Head, Bill Power, Another Swindon Takeover "Challenger"

Blog Archive