QPR Report Twitter Feed

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Ex-QPR News

-
QPR FA Cup Hero, Bob Hazell Turns 48-
Born June 14 1959 - One of the first signings Tommy Docherty made for QPR after our relegation, he starred for QPR in their FA Cup Final season and their following Division II Championship season.
See: Profile
Profile II

Photo from 1982 Cup Final
Bob-Hazell/Wikipedia

Ex-QPR Jamie Cureton Talking About Leaving Colchester & Possible £500,000+ Fee -
Colchester Evening Gazette - Cureton breaks silence - By Francis Ponder


COLCHESTER United player-of-the-year Jamie Cureton today broke his silence about the decision to hit the club with a transfer request.
The Coca-Cola Championship leading scorer exclusively told the Gazette: "I will be 33-years-old when my current contract runs out next summer so I would like to be given the opportunity now to talk to the bigger teams who are interested in me."
Cureton handed in the request last Tuesday which was promptly turned down by the U's board.

It is belived that bids have already been made for Cureton Hull are definitely interested - although new Tigers chairman Paul Duffen denied that his club have made a bid for the player.

He added: "We are one of those clubs that has made an inquiry about him."

Cureton said: "You're only worth what somebody's willing to pay for you.
"And I think somewhere in the region of £500,000 and upwards would be a great fee for the club.

"I got to the situation earlier this summer where I sat down and took a good look at what was left of my career for the future.

"I'm not selfish and I'm not silly. I know Colchester's situation and I know they can't match what the bigger teams are offering players.

"But I'm not 21-years-old anymore and I know there's interest in me out there."

Cureton stressed: "This could be my last chance to play for a big club." Colchester Evening Gazette

Blog Archive