QPR Report Twitter Feed

Friday, June 15, 2007

John Gregory Talks About His Search For Players and Praises Bignot

-
QPR OFFICIAL SITE
John Gregory has revealed he wants to add 'two or three more big hitters' to his squad ahead of the new campaign.
In an exclusive interview with www.qpr.co.uk, Gregory spoken openly and honestly about his search for new players.
"The priority was to get my back four sorted and I'm almost there now,'' he said.
"Strikers win matches, but defenders win Championships, so that was always my top priority.
"I'm still actively searching for one more defender and of course the goalkeeping department is one we're looking at too.''
Gregory, who described the 'new' signing of Marcus Bignot as 'another huge pat on the back for QPR,' has already earmarked the areas that need strengthening.
"I know the areas we're weak in,'' he said.
"We need another striker and a midfielder, but I don't want to bring players in just for the sake of it.
"I want players who will play week in, week out, and to a very high level.
"It's not easy given our financial restraints - we can't pick and choose; yet having said that, I'm quietly confident we'll add some decent players to the squad before the new season.''
The R's gaffer also reiterated his delight at the capture of Bignot, commenting: "Its better the devil you know really.
"He's a fantastic professional, a born leader and a very consistent performer at this level. "He was outstanding last season and I'm expecting more of the same next season.'' QPR

Blog Archive