QPR Report Twitter Feed

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Nardiello's QPR Signing Officially Confirmed

-
QPR Official Site - Striker Signs

Welsh international striker Danny Nardiello has agreed a two year deal with QPR.
The 24 year-old hot shot, who scored seven goals in his final nine Championship appearances for Barnsley last season, passed a medical and completed the formalities this morning.
Speaking moments after signing, the former Manchester United front-man, who bagged nine goals in all competitions last season, said: "Once I'd heard of QPR's interest and spoken to John Gregory, my mind was made up.
"When I was a youngster I remember watching Les Ferdinand in the Blue and White Hoops. Loftus Road took my eye from an early age and although I've only played there once, I can't wait to make my debut for Queens Park Rangers.
"I just want to cement my place in the side and perform to the best of my ability week in, week out.''
Nardiello continued: "It's always a hard decision to leave, but the benefits of this move were great for me and my footballing career.
"It's a fresh start for me and I can wait to pull on the QPR shirt and prove to the Rangers supporters what I'm about as a player.
"I learned a lot at Old Trafford during the six years I was there and I really enjoyed my time at Barnsley, but I just felt this was the right time to move on.
"I'm ready to take it to the next level and from what the gaffer has said, QPR are really going places and I can't wait to be part of it.''
Courted by an array of Championship Club's, including the Tykes, the signing of Nardiello represents somewhat of a coup for QPR, as gaffer John Gregory explained to www.qpr.co.uk.
"We've been watching his situation for a while and I'm just glad he's decided to come here,'' said Gregory.
"He could've re-signed for Barnsley, where in my opinion he would've been somewhat in the 'comfort zone.' I wanted to know whether he had the ambition and the desire to come to London, where he knows absolutely nobody, and force his way into my team and help QPR progress as a Football Club.
"It's a big challenge for him, but he's taken it on and that says a lot about him as a person and as a professional footballer.
"He's an intelligent player, who is capable of playing anywhere in the attacking third. His goalscoring record is impressive at this level, so it's an exciting signing for the Football Club.''
Nardiello will wear the number eight shirt, vacated by Marc Bircham. QPR

Blog Archive