QPR Report Twitter Feed

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Gareth Ainsworth on Takeover, Cardiff Loss and Looking to Burnley and Carlisle

-
Gareth Ainsworth Column/Kilburn Times - August 22

"I Feel sorry for our fans at the moment - and not just because they've seen us lose two home games in a row.
They're being dragged through a rollercoaster of emotions with all the takeover talk and, it has to be said, that's pretty much par for the course at QPR.
Every few months there's a lot of rubbish being written in some papers about how the club's either going to be bought by someone or go into administration. I get people stopping me in the street and asking what's going on.
I can only say the same as I did last season when they all thought we were going down - until something happens, don't give it a thought.
As a professional, I intend to get on with my job no matter whether there's £10m being invested or no money at all.
Let's hope by the time you read this there's some good news, but the fans should know that the majority of players don't let the talk get to them.

Unfortunately, having seen the way we played against Cardiff last weekend, they might not believe that. When Cardiff scored their second goal, we seemed to drop our heads and that's not at all like QPR.
A lot of the lads were below par and they know it. Cardiff just went from strength to strength - at times they were passing it around us.
I think they're going to be one of the top teams this year, but we should still have shown more fight. The good thing is that it's come early in the season and the gaffer will come down like a ton of bricks to make sure it doesn't happen again.
He's drummed it into us that you've still got to be the same player whether you've scored or conceded. Losing is not the end of the world if you lose in the right manner.

Everyone's trying to stay positive and put it right when we go to Burnley on Saturday. I've played in teams that have won at Turf Moor and, as a Blackburn fan, there's no better feeling!
In a way, Burnley are like us - a big club who haven't quite got back to where they should be. They've brought in a few new faces, but maybe they haven't gelled yet and I think they're beatable.
One of them, of course, is Clarke Carlisle, who I know very well, and I'm sure he'll be fired up to turn in a good performance against us.
We're about due for a good result up there, though, and I feel confident the lads can come back unbeaten, at least, this weekend. Kilburn Times

Blog Archive