QPR Report Twitter Feed

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

QPR Manager John Gregory Defends Team Selection Vs Orient

-
TEAMTALK Gregory: defends team selection
QPR manager John Gregory has defended his decision to field a weakened team against Leyton Orient in the Carling Cup.
And Gregory said: "The team we put out against Orient was basically all we had left but I am not going to bleat about it, we have to get on with it.
"We lost a Carling Cup tie and that hurt very badly, but Saturday's game against Cardiff is far more important so we wanted to protect players who picked up knocks last weekend.
"I would have loved to have had a full strength side out there against Orient but I just could not do that.
Last Saturday I had a real strong team out and a strong bench too, but I was not in a position to do that against Orient." Teamtalk

Blog Archive