QPR Report Twitter Feed

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Buzasky Talks About Why He's Joining QPR

-
Plymouth Herald - 30/10/2007 - Akos: I need a new challenge

Argyle midfielder Akos Buzsaky tells today why he has decided to pull the plug on his three years with the Pilgrims - and head off to the bright lights of west London.
The talented 25-year-old Hungarian international was '99 per cent certain' last night that he would be starting a new chapter in his footballing career with Argyle's Championship rivals, Queens Park Rangers.
Buzsaky, medical and other formalities permitting, is due to sign a loan deal with Rangers which would see him at the Loftus Road club until January 1.
And if all goes well, he will become the first signing of new Rangers boss Luigi de Canio, the 50-year-old former manager of Udinese, Napoli, Reggina, Genoa and - most recently - Siena in Serie A when the transfer window opens in the new year.
Former Porto player Buzsaky last night admitted he was excited by the prospect of a new challenge.
He joined the Pilgrims in a £270,000 transfer from Porto in 2005.
But Buzsaky added: "For me, Plymouth will always be in my heart before Porto.
"I have been here in Plymouth for three years and I've had a brilliant time.
"I've really enjoyed my time here, but in a football career, sometimes you need a new challenge.
"I think I had a good spell in Plymouth - we had some success and I had good periods and bad periods."
Buzsaky added: "Last week, I didn't know anything about this opportunity, but then I found out that they (QPR) really wanted me, which is really important." Buzsaky, who had not featured in Argyle's 2-0 defeat at Preston North End on Saturday, had been mulling over the offer of a new deal with the Pilgrims over the weekend.
He told Herald Sport: "I think Plymouth is happy with the deal (with QPR).
"The choice was that I signed a new deal with Plymouth, or tried myself at a different club.
"It was a difficult decision to make, because I have my friends in Plymouth and I was settled there.
"I am looking forward to the new challenge, but I was happy down there and it was an emotional decision to have to make.
"I always felt really important at Plymouth - I played regularly and had more than 100 games for Plymouth at a very good level, while it wasn't the same at Porto.
"Some of the highlights were signing the deal to play for Plymouth, then I had seven or eight good games for Tony Pulis, then got injured, then when Ollie (Holloway) came along, I had six or seven good games, then I got injured.
"I had a good season so far this season as well and I played well at West Ham (in the Carling Cup) and at QPR."
Buzsaky said he was looking forward to working with de Canio, whose appointment at Loftus Road was announced shortly before the Hungarian revealed he was going to QPR.
Buzsaky said: "It's important that I'm the first signing for the new manager.
"He's Italian and has managed in Italy and his teams play more my sort of game than we played in Plymouth."
He added: "Footballers have a short career and probably make four or five important decisions in that time.
"This is one of them and hopefully it will turn out right" Plymouth Herald

Also: Holloway on Buszaky's Departure

Blog Archive