QPR Report Twitter Feed

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Harford on Bailey Loan...Jarrett on QPR Loan...Ainsworth Updates

-
Ben Kosky/Kilburn Times - Oxford education will benefit Bailey
MIDFIELDER Stefan Bailey will become a better player from his loan spell at Oxford, according to Rangers' caretaker manager Mick Harford.
Bailey is spending a month with the Blue Square Premier Division side, managed by former QPR boss Jim Smith, and made his Oxford debut in their 1-0 win at Farsley Celtic on Sunday.
Harford told the Times: "It's terrible for the lads who are not involved with the first team - reserve fixtures are few and far between, once every four or five weeks.
"Stefan's at that level where he needs to be playing week in, week out, so hopefully he'll play five or six games during the month and come back as a better player, with a lot more fitness.
"That's why players go out on loan, to improve, and Oxford are a good Conference team with a good set-up, so hopefully he'll enjoy it and it'll be good experience for him."
Bailey made his first-team debut for Rangers under Ian Holloway at the age of 17 and has appeared 22 times in total, the most of recent of them in the Rs' Carling Cup defeat by Leyton Orient in August.
Rangers also have two youngsters currently on loan in the Ryman League - goalkeeper Sean Thomas, who is with Wealdstone, and full-back Aaron Goode, at Kingstonian. Kilburn Times

Ben Kosky/Kilburn Times - Jason [Jarrett] jumps at his opportunity
WHEN your career has been as nomadic as Jason Jarrett's, it's hardly surprising that settling in at a new club might take some time.
The Mancunian-born midfielder is only 28, but QPR are his 12th club he has played for - six of them within the last two years.
Jarrett made his Rangers debut at Colchester recently, just 24 hours after agreeing a three-month loan switch from Preston, to run until the start of January.
He admitted: "There were things in that first game I was happy with and others I wasn't. But it's not easy coming into a new team when you've had just one training session.
"It's like the first day at school, really - you don't know anybody, but as the weeks go by it gets better, so hopefully I'll improve as I get to know the lads better and train with them more.
"Hopefully they'll be patient with me and I'll show what I can do. The game at Colchester was the first time I'd played in four or five months, so there's a lot more to come.
"My career hasn't panned out the way I wanted it to since I left Wigan and a lot of things haven't gone right in my life, but I'm a lot more positive now and looking to the future."
Jarrett's three years at the JJB Stadium have certainly been the high point of his playing record to date - he helped the Latics win promotion to what is now the Championship in 2003 and then the top flight two years later.
But little has gone right for the midfielder since he left Wigan to sign for Norwich that summer and then moved to Deepdale the following year, interspersed with loan spells at Plymouth, Hull and Leicester.
At least that convoluted journey has given Jarrett, who featured as a late substitute against the Canaries in his second game, plenty of experience of this division.
He observed: "West Brom and Watford stand out for me, but otherwise this league is very tight and there are no outstanding teams.
"We need to keep winning because, if you're down there for too long, it's a struggle to get out of it.
"But Loftus Road is a good place to play and, when my agent phoned to ask if I was interested in going to QPR, I was more than happy to come.
"It's very early to say what will happen long-term, but I just want to do as well as I can and get QPR further up the league."

Jarrett hopes to be involved again when the Rs host Ipswich on Saturday, but will have to settle for a seat in the stands at Preston three days later, under the terms of his loan agreement . Kilburn Times

Gareth Ainsworth/Kilburn Times
THE club seems to have been out of the limelight over the last few days - and it's about time.
I think a lot of people were expecting the club to bring in a new manager during the international break, but we're just trying to focus on the football rather than what's going on upstairs.
The lads have really been knuckling down under Mick Harford. Mick's picking the team, he seems to be doing things his way, and he's 100 per cent dedicated to winning the next game.
And so is everyone in a QPR shirt. Ipswich don't travel all that well and I feel Saturday's game is definitely winnable.
Alan Lee's a good target man for Ipswich, he's a hard worker up front - and I know he's a mean guitarist as well, so he certainly commands my respect!
We're going to have to keep him quiet but, if we can do that, we'll have a good chance of winning the game. Let's not forget we kept a clean sheet the last time we played and we want to build on that.
To be honest, I'm relieved we didn't have another game straight after Norwich - I did pick up a few niggles in that game and I don't think I'd have been able to make it if we'd played a few days later.
But the break has given a few other players the chance to get very close to full fitness again and, even if they don't play against Ipswich, just seeing them in the dressing room will be a massive plus.
After Ipswich, we go up to Preston - always one of my favourite venues as it's where I made my league debut and scored my first professional goal.
In fact, QPR is the only club I've played more games for than Preston, and it's nice to be going back to Deepdale at this stage of my career and still getting a good reception (hopefully!) from the crowd.
Last time we played there I started the game as skipper, scored a goal and then pulled my hamstring. Just a goal will do fine this time.
Preston have been victims of their own success - they've reached the play-offs so many times and not quite made it, which must be so frustrating.
As soon as they have one poor year, everyone's getting on their backs. But they're a hard-working bunch of lads and I'm sure they'll make it difficult for us on Tuesday.
Finally, I just want to thank everyone who turned up to the QPR Supporters' Club gig last Saturday at Ruislip Golf Club. It was a great night - thank you for helping to raise valuable funds for the Rangers' youth team. Kilburn Times

Blog Archive