QPR Report Twitter Feed

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Sebastian Rusculleda Claims Collapsed QPR Transfer NOT Due to "Failed Medical"

-
Skysports/Patricio Figueroa - Rusculleda deal collapses
Deal collapses at last minute

Sebastian Rusculleda's expected transfer from Argentinian club Tigre to QPR has fallen through.
Everything appeared to have been arranged and Rusculleda had even travelled to England but the deal fell through at the final hour and he has since returned to Argentina.
"I know that the first thing that was said about my transfer to Queens Park Rangers was that I had a problem with my knee and that I couldn't pass the medical exam but none of that is true," the player said in the Argentinian media. "Somebody put stones in my way and when I was about to sign the contract the amount wasn't the same that was agreed via a fax.
"Some hours before I travelled to England there was a phone call at Tigre from England saying that they were paying more than what I am worth. They said that Tigre paid Boca Juniors €130,000 and that they were going to pay 20 times more. They even said that they had been informed that I had surgery in one of my knees and that I wasn't well and I insist none of that is true.
"I really don't know who got in my way. It's simple; we only have to wait to see which player arrives at QPR in my position and who is his agent."
No problem
When asked what the QPR officials said to him when he arrived in England to sign the contract, Rusculleda responded: "In the fax that they had sent to Tigre there was an amount agreed but when I arrived there it was different so we didn't reach an agreement. There was a 42% difference to what we had arranged before.
"But what hurts more is that it has been said that I am injured. I am perfectly well; I don't have any physical problem."
Released
Meanwhile, in the other direction, QPR boss Luigi De Canio has continued his clear-out by releasing two more players.
Centre-half Pat Kanyuka, who has missed the whole season with a thigh injury which he has just recovered from, and teenage midfielder Kieron St Aimie have both been let go.
St Aimie has made just a single substitute appearance in the Carling Cup against Leyton Orient. Skysports

Also: What QPR Official Site and Sky Sport initially report -

Blog Archive