QPR Report Twitter Feed

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Bosnich Post-QPR ...Ainsworth Post-Stoke

-
Ben Kosky/Kilburn Times - Bosnich is scout and about
FORMER Manchester United goalkeeper Mark Bosnich is no longer training with QPR - but will scout for the club on a 'freelance' basis.
Bosnich, 36, who also played for Aston Villa and Chelsea, was invited to join Rangers for training by his former Villa boss John Gregory at the start of the season.
The ex-Australian international, who left Chelsea five years ago, had been aiming to relaunch his playing career and also helped out as a goalkeeping coach after the departure of Ed de Goey.
But the club have just appointed another ex-United man, David Rouse, to coach their goalkeepers, and Bosnich will revert to an unofficial scouting role on behalf of manager Luigi de Canio.
De Canio explained to the Times: "I know Mark on a personal level and I use his experience to occasionally go and watch a player or a team. He has vast experience of the game.
"But I have to stress this is purely on a personal level, it's not as an employee of QPR.
"I do this with other people in the UK as well - both people that I know personally and others who actually work for QPR."
Rouse, 31, spent eight years coaching the junior and then reserve keepers at Old Trafford, and has also worked with Macclesfield, Rochdale and Wigan. Kilburn Times


Kilburn Times -Step on the Gaz
SUNDAY'S win over Stoke was a big step forward for us and I feel like we've matured as a team.
It was the first time we've managed to close out a game convincingly and that gives us great confidence. At half-time we were determined to make sure it wasn't going to be another Burnley or Crystal Palace.
People said 'if we let this one slip, there's something seriously wrong at this club and more changes need to be made'.
There aren't many players in the team now who have been together for more than about 10 games, but the belief we have is growing and I honestly think that, if there were 20 games left, we would finish in the top six.
On a personal level, it was great to get a run-out against Stoke and I'd like to say a big thank you to everyone who cheered me when I came on. It means a lot to me to be a QPR player and I've always said to the gaffer that, when he needs me, I'll be ready.
I was pleased for Ledge, who was the star of the show with two terrific goals. I've known him since our days at Wimbledon and he's a real professional - he was out of the side for a few weeks, but never moaned and just got on with his job.
I know some people felt the red card had a big bearing on the game, but I think we'd have won it anyway. I felt sorry for Andy Griffin - in a way he was a victim of the Eduardo incident - but we didn't need a helping hand.
We always seem to play better against the top sides, so it's important that we show the same respect to the teams we're playing over the next few games.
Having said that, Sheffield Wednesday, Blackpool and Scunthorpe are all winnable games and I think we've got to be looking to take seven or nine points from those.
There's been a lot of talk about a possible takeover at Sheffield Wednesday - not a subject that's completely unfamiliar to us.
Although a takeover is in itself usually positive news, the uncertainty that comes first can be a bit negative and that does affect your football.
Hopefully, if that's the case at Wednesday, it'll benefit us this weekend and we can win at Hillsborough for the first time since promotion.
It'd give everyone a big lift if we could get into the top half of the Championship and hopefully, by Saturday night, that's where we'll be. Kilburn Times

Blog Archive