QPR Report Twitter Feed

Friday, April 25, 2008

Buzsaky on Enjoying QPR and QPR Bosses' Promotion Expectations

-
Eurosport - Championship - QPR bosses 'demand promotion'

Exclusive! Queens Park Rangers and Hungary midfield star Akos Buzsaky has told Eurosport that the club's new owners will expect promotion next season - and that the players in the squad are capable of achieving it.

Buzsaky has been a sensation since arriving from Plymouth Argyle on loan in October, joining Rangers permanently in January and notching 10 goals to guide the Hoops from the relegation zone to safety.

Buzsaky revealed that he owes a debt to the west London club after they showed more faith in him than his previous employers in the west country.

"Here they believe in me more than at Plymouth," he told us. "I had a good time there but there always comes a time when you need a change and a new challenge. Then I just got in some good form and started scoring goals.

"I came to QPR because there is a good chance of going up. The club has a future and more chance of reaching the Premier League than Plymouth.

"I am 25 years old and in two or three years I want to go up. I think we will because I always try to do my best and so do the team, which is already better than when I arrived.

"My season with QPR has been great. I have enjoyed it."

Buzsaky said that the squad will be added to in the close season, which will lead to higher expectations from powerful owners Bernie Ecclestone and Flavio Briatore, of Formula One fame.

"In the summer of course I expect new players to arrive," he continued. "The squad is only 20 players, a little bit short; but I don't expect massive changes.

"The players who were bought in January are in the starting line-up. Perhaps they will strengthen in two or three other places.

"I think the owners will probably demand promotion because of the money they have put in. They will want to go up because they are successful businessmen. However in football money is not always the most important thing.

"The owners are normal people. They are famous people, but still people! They come into the dressing room and talk to the players and have been really helpful."

Buzsaky is also confident that Italian manager Luigi de Canio will remain in the hot-seat for the next campaign.

"I cannot see why he will not be manager next season," he asserted. "He has done well with the team and everything bodes well for a good future here."

The Hungarian international added that he enjoys his status with the fans and looked ahead to a difficult away match at Carrow Road this weekend after QPR sealed its Championship status for 2008-09.

"I'm glad that the fans liked me in Plymouth and now like me at QPR. Perhaps it is because I am something a little different from the British players. They have a song about me - but I don't know what it is they sing!

"Football is much better in England than in Portugal, even in the second division - apart from the three big teams: Sporting, Porto and Benfica. The stadiums are better and there are more fans watching.

"Norwich is a tough place to go. They can beat anyone at home." Eurosport

Blog Archive