QPR Report Twitter Feed

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

De Canio's QPR Future Uncertain

-
Goal.com - I Don't Know If I'll Go Back To Italy - De Canio
Coach Luigi De Canio talked about his experience coaching in England with Championship side Queens Park Rangers.
The career of coach Gigi De Canio has come at a crossroads. Will he continue coaching ambitious Queens Park Rangers in England, or make his return to Italy? This is the decision which De Canio will have to make within the next few weeks.
"Coming back to Italy? I'll only say that I like to be a coach and I will exercise my profession wherever I can," he said. "But it's true that coaching abroad enriches you from the human and professional point of view. Let's see how the season finishes at QPR, then we will see."
The former Siena and Reggina coach did want to emphasize that he is doing well in England: "Here in England there is the right atmosphere of enthusiasm and joy. There is pressure as there is in Italy, but football is experienced in a different way. The choices made by the management here at QPR (composed of Formula 1 moguls Flavio Briatore and Bernie Ecclestone) have proven adequate." Danilo Pochini - Goal.com

See Earlier Post Q&A with QPR Manager Gigi De Canio

Blog Archive