QPR Report Twitter Feed

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Ramage on Leaving Newcastle....Blackstock on De Canio Leaving QPR

-
BBC - Leaving Toon was hard - Ramage

Peter Ramage has said leaving Newcastle United was one of the most difficult decisions he has ever had to make.

The 24-year-old has agreed a three-year contract with QPR in the hope of getting regular first-team football.

The defender told BBC Radio Newcastle: "It was probably the hardest decision I've ever had to make.

"I wasn't going to get guaranteed football at Newcastle which was tough to take but in the same breath I understand that."

The defender revealed he did not have to leave the club: "[Kevin Keegan] never took the offer of a contract off the table, he said until I sign somewhere else the offer was there.

"If worst came to worst, I always had Newcastle to fall back on, which I really appreciate."

"It was a bit emotional on Sunday, leaving and saying goodbye to everyone"
Peter Ramage

Ramage played only a few minutes in his last game for the Magpies but he was truly grateful for Keegan's gesture.

"I can't thank him enough, he is a legend up in these parts and all I've ever wanted to do was to play for Kevin Keegan when I was growing up.

"It was a bit emotional on Sunday, leaving and saying goodbye to everyone."

The 24-year-old started his career at Newcastle in 1996 and admits the switch to the capital will be a little daunting.

"The decision to move down there was a difficult one because all I've ever known is the streets of Tyneside.

"It's a big old world down there but it's something I'm looking forward to.

"It's a fresh start, a fresh environment and hopefully I can settle down quite quickly." BBC


Dexter Blackstock/Icons -Football is a crazy game these days


The big news at QPR has been Luigi De Canio leaving the club last week and I have to say it came as a real shock to all of us players.

Football’s a crazy game these days and managers leaving clubs is just something you have to get used to. I think he did a good job this season and at times the football we played was really good, especially at Loftus Road.


But then there is a lot of expectation at QPR at the moment. There are some big guys in charge of the club now and if they thought there needed to be a change then I’m sure there were good reasons behind it. At least his last game was another sell-out at home. The atmosphere has been great recently. Everyone wants to be a part of what’s happening here.

It’s the end of the season now for most players but I’ve got an Under-21s game to look forward to against Wales on Thursday. I’m about to meet up with Stuart Pearce and the boys and I know most of them well so it should be a good couple of days. It’s always nice to play for Stuart Pearce, everyone knows his passion and he’s no different now to how he was when he was a player.

Hopefully we can beat Wales and I can get a good run out. That would be great preparation for the European Championships qualifiers which start in September.

I’ve kept an eye on the play-offs and Bristol City did really well to get through against Palace. Hull have a great chance to get through against Watford. Phil Brown has done a great job there and it just shows what you can do if you come in and get a team organised.

After the Under-21s game that will be it for the summer for me. I’ll put the ball down and take a break from playing. It’s something I find quite easy to do after a long season and it will be nice to just relax. I’ve got no holidays planned yet though so I’ll have to sort that out soon!...
Icons

Blog Archive