QPR Report Twitter Feed

Thursday, May 22, 2008

QPR's Recent Loanee Joins Oldham...Flashback: On This Day - QPR-Spurs FA Cup Final

-
Kieran Lee joins Oldham from Manchester United on a free transfer. Without belittling Oldham, it's a little strange given that QPR's just-departed manager De Canio spoke in March about hoping to sign him (even though he scarcely played him). Lee joined QPR at the end of December on a Six month loan and made his debut in the FA Cup game against Chelsea. What was said when he signed

Oldham Official Site - LEE: OLDHAM ARE PERFECT FOR ME
Latics new boy Kieran Lee swapped Red Square for Sheepfoot Lane as he completed a free transfer from Manchester United earlier today.
The 19-year-old was due to join his team-mates to take in tonight's Champions League final, but canned the trip to pen a two-year deal with Athletic.
Instead of looking out over the Luzhniki Stadium, Lee was taking his first look at Boundary Park as an Athletic player.
But he didn't seem to mind.
"The club have taken a lot of the lads over to see the game - but I've come here to sign instead!" he laughed.
"It was definitely one of my aims to join a local team and when Oldham came along it was perfect for me."
Lee certainly has experience of Chelsea - he faced them for United on the final day of the 2006/07 season.
But a loan move to QPR would follow in January 2008 - a move which would eventually set him up for a switch a little closer to home.
"I got some good experience of first team football [at QPR] and it helped me adjust to life outside Manchester United, which is a totally different environment.
"Now I've come here and hopefully I can get plenty of games. I'm certainly happy with everything I've seen so far."
Lee - United's reserve team Player of the Season in 2006/07 - brings valuable versatility to John Sheridan's squad.
With the deal in the bag, Lee is looking forward to kicking off pre-season training ahead of the 2008/09 League One campaign.
He explained: "Mainly I'm a central midfielder but I have also played at full back. I'm a passing player who likes to get forward from midfield.
"A few goals would be nice, too - my best moment at United was scoring on my debut and I didn't really know what to do when it went in!
"This club is looking to progress and that's the reason I came here - hopefully that can happen next season and I want to be a part of that.
"I can't wait for the football. I'll go away and have a break now and then come back fresh for pre-season training."
Oldham


Twenty-Six Years ago today: May 22, 1982, QPR were playing Spurs in the FA Cup Final. (Game 1!)..... Could have. Should Have! The Programme
QPR: Hucker - Fenwick Hazell Roeder Gillard - Gregory Waddock Currie Flanagan
Allen Stainrod - Sub: Micklewhite
Spurs: Clemence - Hazard Hughton Miller Price - Perryman Roberts Galvin Hoddle - Crooks Archibald - Substitutes: Brooke FA Cup Details Recalled

Blog Archive