QPR Report Twitter Feed

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Lee Cook on Hoping to Finalize His QPR Move This Week and Hoping Helguson Signs

-
Visit the messageboard with a difference! QPR Report Messageboard for opinions and various articles of interest! -- All Three of QPR's 1967 Cup Final Goals Vs WBA

Blog of Sports Journalist/Oliver Pickup - LEE COOKING A STORM AT QPR
- Lee Cook believes Queens Park Rangers should rush to secure the services of on-loan striker Heidar Helguson, who scored twice in the London side’s 3-2 win over Preston North End on Saturday.
- Dextor Blackstock came off the QPR bench with nine minutes to go and headed the winner after Chris Sedgwick and Callum Davidson had earlier equalised for the visitors.
- Helguson opened the scoring with a powerful header from Cook’s cross and claimed his side’s second – but Cook is positive that he had the last touch.
- “I told him he could claim it because he is a goalscorer,” grinned the 26-year-old. “But I know it was my goal and he owes me one, definitely. He kicked my foot and then ran away celebrating!
- “Heidar gives us something different. He is great in the air for his height and he gets in the right places to score goals – that is what he is all about. We have lacked that kind of player. I hope he is here for the long haul, and the club sort it out and get him in.”
- Like the 31-year-old Icelandic international, midfielder Cook is on loan until January, but is hoping to re-join the Hoops, a club he “loves”. He added: “Hopefully my deal is going to be tied up this week.
- “We can get it done and dusted and then we can relax more. I love this place and I want to sign and ensure my future is here and I’m glad the club is showing faith again.- “The team spirit is great at the minute – we are all enjoying playing under the new boss. He has completely changed our style – we are trying to play more football. With his coaching and his ideas I think we are going to be successful.” Blog

- See also: - Oliver Pickup/Blog - BLACKSTOCK LATE SHOW LEAVES SOUSA PROUD AND PRESTON BITTER

About Oliver Pickup: "Oliver Pickup has written articles published in The Daily Mail, The Guardian, The Mirror, The Daily Telegraph, The Sunday Times, The Observer and The Sunday Mirror." - Bio

- Oliver Pickup Blog

Blog Archive