QPR Report Twitter Feed

Saturday, December 27, 2008

QPR Snippets: Tomassi Interview...Warnock on Watson...Shabbaz Baidoo...Richard Langley Update...David Kerslake Departs

-
Visit the QPR Report Messageboard for an mixture of articles, videos and opinions. All views welcome!


- Reposting from Yesterday's QPR Report Blog {psyomh : Damiano Tomassi Interviewed about QPR and Italy
Excerpts: "....I was injured when I arrived and started slowly to get back in shape. Now I am ready to play and I’m sure there will be a chance for me as well. I am extremely happy to be back working after the injury. My contract expires in June 2009, but I hope that this adventure will continue. The only real difficulty is being far away from my family...."
What is it like to work with Briatore?
The thing that struck me the most is his presence and participation in both victory and defeat, his knowledge of the environment, the players, and the tactics. It seems that this is his only business, but we all know that it isn’t..... Ecclestone comes to see us, but Briatore is more involved with the team."


The Independent Neil Warnock on Transfers
"... The window opens next week so I'm getting ready to start a few bidding wars with Mark Hughes. Actually, as any Palace fan will know, I don't expect to be doing any business. The main focus will be to shift a few off the wage bill and perhaps generate some funds. One player we won't be flogging cheap though is Ben Watson. Because of his age (23), and the fact we developed him, if he leaves the fee is decided by a tribunal, and we'll be looking for a fee which reflects his ability, his Premier League experience, and the fact he's played for England Under-21 and nearly 200 senior games. If anyone thinks they can offer peanuts and pick him up, they're wrong.... Independent


David Kerslake - Nottinham Forest Official Statement
- Nottingham Forest have this evening terminated the contract of manager Colin Calderwood with immediate effect.
First team coach David Kerslake has also left the club.
The move came following Forest's 4-2 home defeat at the hands of Doncaster which left the club in the bottom three of the Championship...." Nottinham Forest
- See David Kerslake/Wikipedia


Ex-QPR Richard Langley Turns 29
Born December 27, 1979. ...
- Made his debut under Gerry Francis, October 1998, and helped save the club from relegation. Became a Jamaica International. Went to Cardiff for a couple of years
- Returned to QPR...and then released. Couple of more bad injuries. Currently on short term contract at Bristol Rovers Sporting Hero --- Wikipedia

Richard Langley Recent Blog Entries, December 10, 2008 "Darkest Day of My Career"
I said in my last blog that this has been one of the hardest periods in my footballing career and I must say a big thank you to the friends, family and team-mates who helped me through the hard times. There were low points, almost bordering on depression at times, but their support kept me positive and focused on getting through it and playing again. It was a long rehabilitation but I had two gym partners that used to go through the same routines with me everyday. That helped a lot and we became good friends through it.
The fact I was at Luton at the time and the club was in such difficulty made it even harder. I could only look on as events off the field took their toll on the pitch. Even the boys who were playing found it hard to focus. And I´m sure the money situation played a part in that. To be told that you were not going to be paid for an indefinite period when you have mortgage payments to make and a family to look after is difficult in any profession.
"I´d like to stay I´m still in contact with a lot of people at the club but only Keith Keane and Dean Brill are still there. We speak from time to time but I don´t have the same connection as I have with QPR, where I spent most of my career.
I still have strong links with Loftus Road and I really hope for the fans that it works out the right way. New owners are coming into football a lot and not all of them have the club´s best intentions at heart. I hope they do at QPR. It´s not a big-time club like Chelsea, it´s more of a family club. You have the same people going to Loftus Road now as have been going for years and it´s those kind of people who make up the backroom staff as well. As long as they keep those people at the club happy they should be OK." Blog

Langley Blog/December 17, 2008 "Hoping for another call from Jamaica
- I´d love to play for Jamaica again. I was called up for the friendly against Mexico in October but unfortunately I was injured at the time and I didn´t have a club, which makes things difficult. Now I´m at Bristol Rovers hopefully I´ll get the call again.
It´s great to see John Barnes in charge of the national team. He was my idol growing up and I´m sure he´ll do a good job. It´s a shame qualification for the World Cup has already gone but I´m sure things will improve. I´d love to think I´m still in contention to play for the Reggae Boys so hopefully I´ll get a call from the Jamaican Football Federation next time they´re putting a squad together." Blog

Flashback: The QPR Team that Played on the Day that Langley was Born
- The QPR team that played on the day that Langley was born (losing 2-0 at Leicester). QPR vs Leicester: December 27, 1979: Woods - Gillard Hazell Wicks Shanks Currie Mcreery Roeder Allen Goddard Hill Sub: Waddock
- Managed by the "mercurial" Tommy Docherty...Stan Bowles had just a couple of weeks previously played his last-ever game for QPR - That's more than a quarter of a century ago -- before being sold to Nottingham Forest. This QPR team didn't go up. But it scored a lot of goals. And there are several First Division players on the 1979 team. (Not sure how many of the 2005 team one could say that about).


Shabbaz Baidoo: Where is He Now?
- Baidoo is Currently at Croydon Athletic.

Croydon Athletic: NEW SIGNING: SHABAZZ BAIDOO
Published:Tuesday 28th October 2008
Croydon Athletic are pleased to announce the signing of 21 year old striker Shabazz Baidoo. Shabazz joins us from Lewes FC after being released by Dagenham & Redbridge in August 2008. He started on the books at Arsenal, and subsequently moved to QPR, making his debut for the first team at the age of 16 towards the end of the 2004/5 season, and made 28 appearances at Loftus Road..
Known to have blistering pace and skill, we look forward to seeing Shabazz in action for the Rams. He goes straight into tonight's squad against Fleet Town. Croydon

"SHABAZZ BAIDOO - FORWARD: Former QPR player Shabazz joined the Rams in October 2008 from Lewes. He previously had a spell at Dagenham & Redbridge, and prior to that was in the QPR first team, making 28 appearances. Known to have blistering pace and skill, Shabazz scored his first goal for the Rams in the match against Leatherhead on 1.11.08."

- Baidoo was not in the Croydon team that drew yesterday against Metropolitan Police. Match Report

Blog Archive