QPR Report Twitter Feed

Sunday, March 08, 2009

QPR Deny Any Truth to Ince Replacing Sousa Story

-
- Visit the independent QPR Report Messageboard: The combination quasi-blog and messageboard - which focuses solely on QPR and football matters. Comment on stories posted on this blog. Or comment on any QPR matters. All views welcome!


-BBC - QPR chief dismisses Ince reports
- QPR sporting director Gianni Paladini has denied reports Paul Ince is in line to take over as manager at Loftus Road.
- Rangers, co-owned by Flavio Briatore and Bernie Ecclestone, have not won in seven games but Paladini insists Ince will not replace boss Paulo Sousa.
- "There is absolutely, categorically not a shred of truth in it," said Paladini.
- "I have not spoken to Paul Ince and neither have Flavio or Bernie. There is absolutely no way he will take over at QPR and no way it was even discussed."
- Ince was linked with QPR following the departure of coach Luigi De Canio at the end of last season.
- But he was never a frontrunner for the job and eventually left Milton Keynes Dons for Blackburn, with Iain Dowie becoming R's boss.
- Dowie was sacked in October following a series of disagreements with Briatore. His successor, former Portugal star Sousa, is already under pressure after just four months at the club.
- But Paladini says Sousa is not about to be sacked and that Ince, who was dismissed by Blackburn in December, has not been identified as a possible replacement.
- The Italian added: "When I heard what was printed in a newspaper I couldn't believe it. I have no idea where it came from because there is 100% no truth in it whatsoever.
- "It was said that I am a friend of Paul Ince. I am not a friend of his. I admired him greatly as a player and, for what it's worth, I think he's a very good young manager. But we're not friends and we haven't spoken.
- "Even if the thought had occurred to me that he should be QPR's manager - which it didn't - I don't have the power to make that decision.
- "That decision lies with the owners and I know for a fact that they want to keep Paulo Sousa, so nonsense about him having two games left is completely wrong as well." BBC

Blog Archive