QPR Report Twitter Feed

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Ainsworth Speaks...Blackstock Leves and Speaks....QPR Announce the 2009/2010 Squad Numbers

-
- For seriously cutting-edge, continually-updated, news about QPR and football - and only QPR and football - Visit the growing QPR Report Messageboard (and quasi blog)! All perspectives genuinely welcomed!

Gareth Ainsworth Speaks - Ben Kosky/Kilburn Times - Gaz supply may run out
- GARETH Ainsworth admits he will leave QPR to further his playing career if he fails to break into Jim Magilton's team during the coming months.
- The Rangers veteran, who filled in as caretaker boss twice last season, has not played a competitive first-team game since May 2008.
- And League One side Millwall, who are managed by former Rs number two Kenny Jackett, are believed to have expressed their interest in borrowing the 36-year-old winger this season.
- But Ainsworth is determined to prove his worth at Loftus Road after being reduced to the ranks in Magilton's shake-up of the coaching staff.
- "It's early days and the idea of being involved in some capacity on the pitch is fantastic," he told the Times. "But if that doesn't happen maybe it will be elsewhere and I'll make that decision when it comes.
- "I want to do my best and see if I can get in the QPR squad. The lads and the fans all just treat me as Gaz and they know what they're going to get - whether I'm player, manager or kit man, I'll be giving 110 per cent and then we'll see what happens.
- "But I'll definitely be playing this season. I pride myself on being fit and I hope that'll stand me in good stead.
- "I might not have the skills of Hogan Ephraim, Rowan Vine or Akos Buzsaky, but I graft and put tackles in or get crosses over and I've got a few more years left of doing that."
- Ainsworth's playing days appeared to be drawing to a close when he was appointed reserve team manager a year ago, subsequently taking charge of the first team for six matches after Iain Dowie was sacked in October.
- He filled the role again when Paulo Sousa suffered the same fate at the end of last season - but Ainsworth's managerial ambitions are now on hold and he turned down the opportunity to return to former club Port Vale as assistant to Micky Adams this summer.
- And, with the twin milestones of 500 appearances and 100 goals within sight, the winger hopes to emulate two former team-mates who have continued to play into - and beyond - their late thirties.
- "I'm very flattered that Micky Adams, who I've got massive respect for, put me in consideration for the next step in my managerial career," Ainsworth added.
- "But every manager I've spoken to said 'play as long as you can, do not hang those boots up until you cannot go any further' and that's what I'm going to do.
- "I look at people like Paul Furlong, and Graham Alexander at Burnley, and feel I can do that. Age is a preconception for a lot of people - I think you need to watch someone and make your judgment on that.
- "Last year was a very confusing situation for everybody and going into management wasn't my ideal choice. In hindsight, maybe it was a bit early for me.
- "I've got plenty more running and crossing balls to do until people tell me I can't do it any more. Kilburn Times


QPR Official Site - IT'S A NUMBERS GAME
- As the new campaign gets ever-nearer, First Team Manager Jim Magilton has announced the squad numbers ahead of the 2009/10 season.
- New arrival Alejandro Faurlin will wear the No.18 shirt, while Peter Ramage has been handed the No.2 jersey following the departure of Damien Delaney.
- Elsewhere, Magilton has given the popular No.9 shirt to Icelandic international Heidar Helguson.
- Following the confirmation of the numbers for the new campaign, Magilton told www.qpr.co.uk: "I spoke with the senior players and asked them if they wanted to change their numbers, but they're all happy with what they have.
- "We had a couple spare in the first XI following the departures of Delaney and Dexter Blackstock, so Peter's now got the '2' and Heidar has the '9.'
- "I decided to give Heidar that shirt because he is an experienced striker and I felt it was right for him to have it.
- "The No.1 shirt is available, but that is largely because Radek Cerny said he wanted to stay with his number from last season, which was '24.'
- "When the new numbers come out it brings you that step closer to the start of the season - and that's what we are all working towards and looking forward to."
- The full squad list is as follows:

2. Peter RAMAGE
3. Damion STEWART
4. Gavin MAHON
5. Fitz HALL
6. Mikele LEIGERTWOOD
7. Wayne ROUTLEDGE
8. Rowan VINE
9. Heidar HELGUSON
10. Akos BUZSAKY
11. Patrick AGYEMANG
13. Kaspars GORKSS
14. Martin ROWLANDS
16. Matthew CONNOLLY
17. Lee COOK
18. Alejandro FAURLIN
19. Angelo BALANTA
21. Matteo ALBERTI
24. Radek CERNY
25. Hogan EPHRAIM
26. Gareth AINSWORTH
27. Lee BROWN
28. Joe OASTLER
29. Gary BORROWDALE
30. Romone ROSE
31. Ray JONES
32. Elvijs PUTNINS
QPR


Nottingham Forest Official Site - Dexter - It's A Done Deal
- Nottingham Forest are delighted to announce they have completed the signing of Dexter Blackstock from Queens Park Rangers.
- Forest have paid an undisclosed fee for the 23 year old, who had a spell on loan at The City Ground last season.
- Blackstock scored twice in six appearances for The Reds - including a dramatic match-winner against Bristol City - and was a key figure in the club's successful battle against relegation.
- Blackstock, Forest's eighth signing of the summer, has signed a four-year contract.
- He told Forest World: "I'm very happy to be back. It's nice to see the lads, the manager and the staff again and I can't wait to get back in the swing of things.
- "I enjoyed everything about my time with Forest last season. We were in the relegation zone and ended up surviving quite comfortably in the end and didn't lose in my time at the club.
- "I was really happy with the way things went. I've had a taste of what this club is all about and now I want more."
- Blackstock launched his career with Southampton, where he played alongside another of Forest's close season signings, David McGoldrick.
- He added: "David is a good friend. I came up through the youth system with him, as well as Arron Davies. If we play up front together, we'll know each other's games which can only bode well for the future." Nottingham Forest


QPR Official Site - BLACKSTOCK JOINS FOREST
- Dexter Blackstock has joined fellow Championship side Nottingham Forest for an undisclosed fee.
- The 23 year-old has penned a four year deal with Billy Davies' outfit.
- Blackstock joined QPR from Southampton in August 2006 and went on to make 116 appearances in all competitions, scoring 32 goals.
- However, he also spent time on loan at The City Ground last year, scoring two goals in six matches, and in doing so, helped the Reds to maintain their Championship status.
- The Club would like to place on the record its thanks to Dexter for his contribution to QPR and wish him all the best for the future. QPR


- FA Announces Results and Penalties re Accrington Stanley Players/Betting

- Match Reports and Magilton Comments on QPR's Forest Green Rovers Victory

- David Conn/The Guardian re Derby County and ABC (and QPR References)

- Reading Supposedly Want Taarrabt Loan

- QPR's England Goalkeeper, Ron Springett Turns Seventy-Four

- QPR's Former Striker Gary Bannister Turns 49

- Ex-QPR Captain, Marcus Bignot on Pre-Season Training

- England U-19s (without Dean Parrett) Draw Tournament Opener

- A Legal Issue Over Role/responsibilities of a Football agent (the player involved: Ex-QPR youth)

- The QPR Class of 2006: Who's Left

Blog Archive