QPR Report Twitter Feed

Tuesday, December 01, 2009

QPR Snippets: Magilton Wants Watson...Hogan Speaks....Sheffield United Cup Date...Manager & Player of Month Nominations

-
- QPR REPORT Available on TWITTER!...QPR REPORT UPDATED THROUGHOUT THE DAY!

-Also Check out the "cutting-edge" combination messageboard and quasi-blog QPR Report Messageboard. If your interest is constantly-updated QPR-related news; QPR nostalgia; and items on some other broader football-related isssues: QPR Report Messageboard is one such site. All opinions welcome!

- League Cup at Fifty: Vote for your Favourite Moment

- Player of The Month Nominations (including could-have-been-QPR Forward)

- Manager of The Month Nominations
- Ex-QPR Winger: Agents Play a very Important Role in Football

- Premiership Agents Fees

- Sheffield United vs QPR FA Cup Date Set: Sunday, January 3rd 2010

- Dave McIntyre: Magilton's Defensive Choices

- QPR's Loan Striker Turns 21

- QPR Presence at Soccerex 2009

- Lincoln Youth Development Reporting

- Crystal Palace Fail to Pay Wages

- One Way in Which QPR Should Emulate Chelsea

- Four Year Flashback: The QPR Board and (Non-Playing) Staff

- Rumoured-by-some QPR Signing Leon Best Highly Ranked

- QPR's Indian Football Involvement

- Armel Tchakounte Update?


BBC - QPR manager wants to keep Watson
- Watson's loan deal from Wigan expires at the end of the month
QPR manager Jim Magilton has confirmed that he would like to sign midfielder Ben Watson on a permanent deal.
- Watson, 24, is on loan at Loftus Road from Wigan until the end of December.
- Magilton said: "I'd like to keep Ben at the club. If we can keep him until the end of the season or do a deal to sign him then I'd be delighted.
- "It's something we'll leave to the money men. I definitely want him. He's a player I rate highly. He is energetic, keen and ambitious."

- Rangers tried to sign Watson before he joined Wigan from Crystal Palace for £2m in January this year.
- The former England Under-21 international made six Premier League starts for the Latics last season.
- He fell out of favour following Roberto Martinez's appointment as manager and made one first-team appearance under the Spaniard before being loaned to QPR in September.
- Watson has been a key player for the Championship club since captain Martin Rowlands was ruled out for the rest of the season with a knee injury. BBC


Leeds United Official Site HOGAN - I'M UP FOR THE BATTLE!
- Loan man Hogan Ephraim says he is up for the battle as the competition for places hots up at Leeds United.
- The QPR winger was a deadline day loan arrival and the youngster is hoping to make an impression during his month with the club.
He was unable to play in Sunday's FA Cup tie at Kettering Town, but is available for Tuesday's trip to Oldham Athletic and will be named in a Leeds squad for the first time.
- After undergoing ankle surgery while at Loftus Road, Hogan is keen to play games, but knows that there is a real battle for places in Simon Grayson's line-up.
"You're not guaranteed games anywhere," he said.
"It'll be a tough battle, but I'm up for that. Playing with good players is what it's all about so it's going to be good.
"I had an ankle operation a while ago and the manager wanted me to go out on loan and get my match fitness up.
- "Since the operation I've played two 90 minutes in the reserves, but if called upon I'm ready to play."
The 21-year-old former West Ham youngster says he has settled in quickly at the club and also revealed that the move wasn't wholly out of the blue.
"Leeds has been mentioned a few times in the past when offers have come up and it's something I've always been interested in," he said.
"When Leeds come along it's not the sort of club you say no to because of it's size and the size of the fanbase. It was a massive attraction.
"It helps when you see they are flying high and playing good football, and hopefully it'll be a good month."
Hogan learnt his trade at Upton Park where he also got to know United first team coach Glynn Snodin.
"I joined West Ham at the age of 11 and was there until 18 when I joined Colchester on loan," he explained.
"I then went to QPR where I've been for two years. I've done well there and hope I can continue that here.
"I like to go forward and create. I do take pride in my defensive work as well, but I do like to create chances for the forwards.
"West Ham is the great place to learn, and hopefully I can show the fans here some of what I have learnt.
"I know Glynn from West ham and I've settled in fine. The boys have made me feel welcome here.
"I've got to do my best for a month and see what happens after that."Leeds


- Akos Buzsaky Makes Championship Team of The Week
- Simpson Hoping for Arsenal Recall
- Compilation of QPR vs Coventry Match Reports .... Video Highlights of QPR vs Coventry

- Take Part in Football Fan Survey...And some of the Findings of a 1962 Football Fan Survey

Blog Archive