QPR Report Twitter Feed

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Hart and Harford Upbeat...Hart In Charge of Transfers...Betting When Hart Departs...Reid Returning to Blackburn?

-
- QPR REPORT Available on TWITTER! ...QPR Report Messageboard - with latest updates and posts throughout the day!

- For Earlier Posts re QPR, scroll down or click on QPR Report

- QPR Report: A Few Questions

- Hart/Hartson's Appointment Confirmed

- How Long Will Hart Last Bet 365: QPR Specials Will Paul Hart Last The Season? Yes 8/11 No Evs (QPR manager on final day of 2009/10 season)
Will Paul Hart Start 2010/11 Season As QPR Manager?
Yes 11/8 No 8/15 QPR to be promoted 13/2


Yann Tear/London Informer - Hart undaunted by 'hire and fire' culture at QPR

PAUL HART insists he is too long in the tooth to worry about the sack and is undaunted by QPR's reputation as a club unafraid to routinely shed managers.

The former Portsmouth manager, who took charge of his first training session at Harlington this morning as Jim Magilton's successor, also says he has not been given any targets by the owners.

“Not a lot fazes me any more,” he said. “I think the days of me looking over my shoulder and worrying about things I can't be the master of are gone.

“The past here really has nothing to do with me. What's happened has happened. I don't know too much about it, but I've been employed by the club to get on with it and look to the future.

“I know I can do a good job and I will concentrate on that. I've got good staff around me and players who are wanting to do well and I don't need much more."

The 56-year-old, who says he considered a few offers from other clubs, including management roles, continued: “We will have to see how things go. [Chairman] Flavio Briatore hasn't really said anything about what I have to achieve. I think winning the next game is probably high on the list but nothing beyond that really.

“Hopefully, I'll bring a little bit of stability to the place and give us a chance to settle into a bit of a routine and get a team playing to hopefully enable us to progress."

Hart, who asked to have Mick Harford as his right-hand man, added: “I'm here for a short period of time. Maybe longer, but it's only until the end of the season and it's time for us all to have a look at each other, see if we like each other and get on with it.

“This could well be a longer agreement but it suits us at the moment for it to be what at is and that doesn't mean my commitment to the job is any less.

“The fact this club carries such a strong history in playing the way it does over the years falls in line with my principles so I'm really looking forward to it. We might cause a bit of damage in the Championship.

“It's a great honour for a club of this size and magnitude to offer you a job and I really want to make a difference.”

Hart said everybody had a potential future at the club, including Akos Buzsaky, who was at the centre of the alleged headbutt incident at Watford that led to Magilton's departure.

He said he had also been told he would be able to recruit new players in January. London Informer


Sky - Hart - I had other offers
New Rangers chief confident of enjoying success at Loftus Road

Hart: Excited by opportunity
- New QPR boss Paul Hart revealed he has rejected other offers to make the move to Loftus Road.
- Hart has replaced Jim Magilton at Rangers following the Northern Irishman's departure on Wednesday night.
- The former Portsmouth manager is back in work just three weeks after being sacked at Fratton Park and he revealed the chance to take charge at QPR was too good to turn down.
- "There have been one or two offers and I am grateful to those clubs," said Hart. "But this one appealed to me more. This has the potential to be a big, big club."
- Hart also revealed he will have the final say on any transfer deals when the transfer window reopens next month.
- "If we need to buy in January then that will be the case. And yes, it will be my decision," added Hart.
- Short-term deal
Hart has joined on a deal until the end of the season, but he revealed it could be extended if he impresses during his time in West London.
- "I like to work, and the opportunity to work and to come to a club of this stature so quickly was important to me," noted Hart.
- "I am here for a short period - it might be longer - until the end of the season and that is time for us all to have a look at each other, to see if we like each other and to get on with it."
- Hart refused to dwell on the controversy surrounding Magilton's departure after a reported bust-up with Akos Buzsaky and is focused on helping Rangers get their promotion bid back on track.
- "That has nothing to do with me," continued Hart. "I'm here now, what has happened in the past has happened and I don't know too much about it. We have to look to the future.
- "We've got a strong squad of players and we feel we might cause a bit of damage in the Championship." Sky


QPR OFFICIAL SITE - HART: 'WE MUST BELIEVE'
Posted on: Thu 17 Dec 2009
- New R's boss Paul Hart insists his squad of players must believe in their own ability - because he certainly does.
- Speaking exclusively to www.qpr.co.uk, the former Pompey Manager set his sights on the top-six, commenting: "We need to believe.
- "I feel, that with the performance at West Brom on Monday in front of a live TV audience, that we've put ourselves right back in a position where we can have a say.
- "I know how it works. If we can be in the top-six at the turn of the year, it will be very difficult for us to be shifted out.
- "It won't be easy, but if we keep our discipline and perform to the standards I know we can achieve, we can do it."
- Hart added: "I want the group to believe they can get back into that top six sooner rather than later.
- "I saw enough quality and desire on Monday to know that we've got what it takes." QPR


Sporting Life -HART UPBEAT ABOUT HOOPS' PROSPECTS
By Andy Sims, Press Association Sport

New QPR boss Paul Hart has shrugged off the controversy surrounding Jim Magilton's departure as manager and vowed to "cause a bit of damage" in the Championship.
- Hart, who was sacked by Portsmouth less than a month ago, has been appointed on a deal until the end of the season after Magilton left by "mutual consent" following his dressing-room bust-up with midfielder Akos Buzsaky.
- "That has nothing to do with me," said Hart. "I'm here now, what has happened in the past has happened and I don't know too much about it. We have to look to the future.
- "We've got a strong squad of players and we feel we might cause a bit of damage in the Championship."
- Hart, 56, had been linked with a move to the coaching staff at Tottenham and revealed he had also been offered a managerial position at another club.
- The former Nottingham Forest boss has also insisted on being in control of any transfers in January as Rangers look to climb back towards the promotion race.
- He added: "There have been one or two offers and I am grateful to those clubs. But this one appealed to me more. This has the potential to be a big, big club.
- "If we need to buy in January then that will be the case. And yes, it will be my decision."
- Hart, who will be assisted by former Luton boss Mick Harford, is not looking beyond his initial contract - which is probably wise given the average longevity of Rangers managers these days.
- But he said: "I like to work, and the opportunity to work and to come to a club of this stature so quickly was important to me.
- "I am here for a short period - it might be longer - until the end of the season and that is time for us all to have a look at each other, to see if we like each other and to get on with it."
- Hart's first game in charge will be against Sheffield United at Loftus Road on Saturday. Sporting Life


QPR Official Site - HARFORD: 'I'M DELIGHTED TO BE BACK'
- Mick Harford is relishing the chance to work at QPR again, following his appointment as Assistant Manager to Paul Hart.
- The former Luton Town boss was number two to John Gregory during his reign at Loftus Road, and also enjoyed a short spell as Caretaker Manager in W12.
- Speaking to www.qpr.co.uk, Harford expressed his delight at returning to the Club, commenting: "It's great to be back.
- "I left here on very good terms, with the players, the supporters and the staff, but this is a new chapter for me and it's a very exciting opportunity for me."
- 'Big' Mick added: "I know Paul (Hart) very well and we both share the same opinions on the game.
- "We like things done in a certain way and we're both really looking forward to getting the ball rolling against Sheffield United this weekend."
QPR


Lancashire Telegraph/Andy Cryer
Loaned-out Blackburn Rovers midfielder set for return
- BLACKBURN Rovers midfielder Steven Reid could surprisingly be on his way back to Ewood Park with his one-month loan spell at QPR due to expire on Saturday.
- The 28-year-old has endured a frustrating stint at Loftus Road, making just two appearances before picking up a hamstring injury.
- It is understood that the Republic of Ireland international wants to extend his loan with the Londoners - and Sam Allardyce is keen to see the midfielder regain his match fitness by getting a number of games under his belt.
But QPR - who suspended manager Jim Magilton last week - have yet to make contact with Rovers officials over the possibility of prolonging Reid’s stay in the capital. Lancashire Telegraph

- Meanwhile Helguson's loan to in-big-trouble Watford, is set to expire this month.

A Decade of QPR Managerial Arrival and Departure Statements: From Stuart Houston to Jim Magilton

- QPR Managers Since Premiership Relegation (and since Paladini and then Briatore took over

- Incoming Manager Paul Hart's Managerial Record (and some Past Hart Statements)

Blog Archive