QPR Report Twitter Feed

Monday, July 26, 2010

Almost QPR...But Not! Darren Ambrose (Re) Signs for Crystal Palace

-
-For QPR and Football Updates throughout the day, also check the QPR Report Messageboard/quasi-blog. Join in or just read the various QPR and football-only discussions!

- An invitation to QPR Supporters across the globe! Whatever country. Whatever continent. Whatever age. Whatever Perspective: Come post on the growing, truly-International, QPR and football-only QPR Report Messageboard
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Video Snippet of QPR in Italy: Ravenna 1 QPR 2

- QPR's Conor Pepper Wins Foyles Tournament Player of the Tournament Award

- Good Luck to Spark: Football League - DAFFODIL DERBY MASCOTS


Crystal Palace Official Site - Exclusive : Ambrose Signs New Contract
Posted on: Mon 26 Jul 2010

Darren Ambrose has put pen to paper and signed a new three year contract with the club. The 26 year old joined the club last July and scored 22 goals in all competitions in his first season with the club.

He signed the deal at the training ground on Monday evening and was delighted to be extending his stay with the club. "Its a been a hard few months with all the speculation about my future but I am now delighted to be sitting here signing the new contract. I have always wanted to remain at this football club and I am pleased it is all resolved."

Last season was a difficult one on and off the pitch for the club but from a personal point of view Darren was in great form.

'Without doubt it was one of my best seasons of my career and I had a really good time here The new owners have come in and made a great impression and everyone has really made me feel wanted and now it is about me working hard and getting ready for the new season starting against Leicester City."

The club welcomed a new boss in during the summer and it was one Darren knew very well.

"It was great to see George Burley appointed as he was someone who gave me my chance as a kid and he knows how to get the best out of me. It's great that I am going to be working again with him at such a big club as this. We have such a great fan base and I just wanted to repay them for all their great support last season by signing this new contract with Crystal Palace Football Club".

Burley was delighted to have added Darren's signature to that of skipper Paddy McCarthy who also signed a new three deal recently.

" We are trying to build a club and its important to keep your best players. It's fantastic news for the fans of the club to see both Paddy and Darren commit their future. Paddy is going to be the club captain this year and in my opinion is one of the best central defenders in the Championship. After all the speculation it is great to see Darren sign and this is a great bonus for everyone at the football club. Both have accepted offers which keeps them at the club for three more years and I am sure both will help us to hopefully have a very good season." Crystal Palace

Blog Archive