QPR Report Twitter Feed

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

QPR Report Tuesday Football Snippets

--
- Average Championship Gates...Percentage of Grounds Filled
-
- For QPR and Football Updates throughout the day, visit the ever-growing (and hopefully, always-improving!)QPR Report Messageboard/quasi-blog . All QPR and football perspective welcome. Or simply feel free to read the football-only updates and discussions. Also see: QPR REPORT ON TWITTER
_____________________________________________________________________________________
-
- A Couple of old QPR Team Photos - Photo I .... Old Photo II

- Video Highlights Bristol City vs QPR

- Ex-QPR Goalie Matt Pickens Thriving This Season in the MLS

- Flashback Four Years: QPR's Gianni Paladini "Vs" AKUTRs

- The Demise of Boardroom Family Dynasties

- Kenny Jackett Praising Danny Shittu

- Bradley Orr Praising Bristol City

- Manchester City Spending Continues - Spending/Plans Examined

- re Iain Dowie's Wife: Cancer Survivor


Daily Mail - Adel Taarabt quits Morocco to concentrate on QPR's promotion push as playmaker insists he's been 'disrespected' By Steve Goodman 26th October 2010
Adel Taarabt has boosted Queens Park Rangers's Premier League bid by quitting the Morocco national side.
The former Spurs midfielder has inspired Neil Warnock's side to the top of the Championship in an unbeaten start to the season.
Taarabt, 21, has now turned his back on international football after flying to Tanzania for an African Cup of Nations tie - only to be left on the bench by coach Dominique Cuperly.
'I will stop playing for Morocco this season,' the playmaker said. 'I want to concentrate on my club, as the national team disrespected me. The fact I was called up to face Tanzania and not used did not please me at all. I want to play all the time, so I'm retiring as I did not play for them.
'I spent 22 hours on aeroplanes, I did not play and nobody explained to me why. The Moroccan FA has invited me to play against Northern Ireland next month - but I don't plan to respond favourably.' Mail


QPR Official Site - CONNOLLY: 'LET'S EXTEND THE RECORD!'
- R's defender Matt Connolly admits he is proud of the R's record start to the season, but insists the hard work is still very much ahead.
- Speaking exclusively to www.qpr.co.uk, Connolly said: "We're really proud of the record.
- "It's a really good achievement.
- "We want to keep it going now and make sure it's something that remains in the Club history books for a long, long time."
- Connolly admits Rangers have ridden their luck on occasions so far this season, but pinpoints the R's team spirit and balance as key factors in their success.
- "I think we've been lucky to an extent - like the two recent penalties and the two late goals at Derby," he said.
- "But I tend to believe you make your own luck and the spirit we've got, combined with the balance of the squad, has played a huge part in our unbeaten run.
- "It's (the spirit) the best I've known it in my time here and long may it continue." QPR


FLASHBACK: October 31, 2006 - Bottom Eight of the Championship
Stoke 15 18
Crystal Palace 15 18
Sheff Wed 15 17
QPR 15 15
Leeds 15 13
-----------
Hull 15 12
Barnsley 14 12
Southend 15 10


Read more: http://qprreport.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=17440#ixzz13RvTQEeJ

- Paddy Kenny Makes Championship Team of The Week

- Next: Burnley - QPR vs Burnley Flashback Videos

- Kick It [Racism] Out: Podcast Examines Anti-Semitism in English Football

- Five Year Flashback: Q&A With Then-QPR Manager Ian Holloway

- Club-Fan Meet Flashbacks: QPR Loyal Supporters Association (LSA) - Club Meeting Reports (From 2002 and 2003)

- Almost Two-Year Flashback: Report of Club-Fan "Reps" Meet

- Donate to QPR GIRLS ONLINE

Blog Archive