QPR Report Twitter Feed

Monday, November 15, 2010

QPR Report Monday Update: Warnock Denies West Ham/Lauds Taarabt...Norwegian Signed or Not?...Camp on QPR...Leigertwood vs Cuba...Nottingham Forest

-

-
- For QPR and Football Updates and perspectives throughout the day, visit the QPR Report Messageboard. All QPR and football perspective welcome...Also Follow: QPR REPORT ON TWITTER
____________________________________________________________________________________

- Slight "Confusion" re QPR's supposed Norwegian Signing, Vaagan Moen


- Sunday: Mikele Leigertwood & and Josh Parker (and ex-QPR Justin Cochrane) Played for Antigua versus Cuba


Warnock Says Happy at QPR
- Talksport - Queens Park Rangers boss Neil Warnock has told talkSPORT he is not interested in the West Ham manager’s job.
Some Sunday newspapers had linked Warnock with a move to east London following the Hammers poor start to the Premier League season which sees them rooted to the foot of the table.
Pressure is increasing on West Ham boss Avram Grant who has only overseen one league win all season.
Warnock’s side in comparison are unbeaten in 17 league games and are only off the top of the league by one point.
Warnock told Sunday Exclusive: “They’ve probably got nothing to write about. Over the years I must have been linked with about 150 jobs and I’ve had about 150 managers linked with my job while I’ve been working as well.
“If you don’t say anything there’s a story about it, if you say something there’s a story about.
“I’m very very happy. I think it’s one of those things, you’re going to get speculation when things aren’t going well at places. I’m really enjoying it at QPR.” Talksport

- People re West Ham Interest in Warnock


- "On This Day" Flashback - Ray Wilkins Appointed QPR (Player) Manager

- QPR Kits From the 1980s on


Warnock Praise for Taarabt: QPR Official Site - WARNOCK: 'TARBS' BEST YET'
- Neil Warnock has hailed Adel Taarabt's overall performance against Nottingham Forest on Saturday as his 'best yet' in a QPR shirt.
- Taarabt was at his outstanding best against The Reds, twice forcing Lee Camp into superb saves, as Rangers pushed Billy Davies' men all the way at The City Ground.
- Speaking exclusively to www.qpr.co.uk, the R's gaffer heaped praise on his Moroccan skipper, commenting: "I think that's the best Adel has played in my time here.
- "He gets criticised at times for the way he plays the game, but I thought defensively he was excellent.
"He was always around (Paul) McKenna when we lost possession and that stopped them from breaking.
"I thought his contribution was outstanding.
"That's his best all round performance since I've been at the Club. Not just going forward, but the other side to his game as well.
"I was very pleased with him." - QPR Official Site


- QPR 0 Nottingham Forest 0: Compilation of Match Reports and Managerial Comments.....Video Highlights (In UK)

- QPR are second in the Championship and remain unbeaten all season (albeit with one win in seven games and two wins in nine games). QPR Form Guide Over Past Six Games: QPR 14th in Championship


- Lee Camp Talking about His Time at QPR and Having to Leave
Post-Match Comments (Nottingham Evening Post: "....Saturday's 0-0 draw against QPR was a big result in particular for Camp, who had two spells at Loftus Road.
- And, while he may have left the club on bad terms, after finding himself frozen out of the first team picture, he says, in hindsight, that it was perhaps the defining moment of his career.
- "My first full year at QPR was great – and then something just changed," he said. "I knew I had to get out. But it is what it is. These things are sent to try you and it didn't kill me, it made me much stronger.
- "Their loss was Forest's gain, because it has made me stronger within and much more determined to prove people wrong. Forest have benefited from that. But, in terms of myself, I have always been confident in my own ability.
- "It was never about ability at QPR. That is not why I was left out of the team down there.
- "That has been proven now. No disrespect to Radek Cerny, but since I left they have brought in three or four different keepers. I never thought it was about my ability, that I was not in the side. I knew I had to get out of there.
"But it has been the best thing for me. It could not have worked out better for me. At least not unless I had signed for Real Madrid or Manchester United!..." Nottingham Evening Post

- Pre-Match Camp Comments
"...Camp relishing prospect of facing former club QPR at City Ground today
LEE Camp admits he will need little extra motivation to do well when QPR visit the City Ground this afternoon.
The keeper concedes that he did not leave Loftus Road on the best of terms, when he signed for Forest.
And he is looking forwards to having the chance to prove himself this afternoon.
"It is a club that I had a good couple of spells with," he said.
"It went a bit sour at the end, but it is generally a club that I have fond memories of.
"I don't hold a grudge. I don't think you can carry rocks all of your life about things.
"I left on good terms with many people, which was important. And others knew what I thought of them. But you move on.
"But their improvement coincides with certain people not being involved any more.
"They now have a manager, a good manager at this level, who has been allowed to sign the players he wants to sign and manage the club how he wants.
"Now they are getting the rewards. It is not rocket science."
Camp is not surprised to see them flourishing in the Championship this season.
"They had the nucleus of a decent squad before I left, but Warnock has added well," he said.
"He has brought in experienced heads, leaders and a couple of nasty so and sos.
"They fit into the way he plays. It is not a surprise that they are hard to beat, because most of his sides are.
"It does not surprise me that they have scored goals either, because of the money they have spent on attacking players.
"I thought they would be in contention and it has proved that way." Nottingham Evening Post
- Seven Year Flashback: Fan-Club Meet: QPR1st Meeting With QPR Reps


Fulham Chronicle/Jacob Murtagh - MK Dons eye permanent move for QPR striker - MK DONS want to sign QPR youngster Angelo Balanta when his loan spell with the League One outfit ends.
The talented 20-year-old has bagged three goals in nine league starts so far, including a 25-yard effort in Saturday's win at Brentford.
Balanta isn't due to return to Loftus Road until the end of the season, but boss Karl Robinson admits he'd loved to keep him for good.
He said: "Angelo needs to play football regularly for the next three years.
"He has only been a pro for a couple of years and will peak at 25 or 26.
"I would love to keep him." Fulham Chronicle


- QPR Finances (Updated)

- Brief Excerpt from the 1933-34 QPR Handbook

- Johnny Giles on "Moral Courage" vs "Sunshine Boys"

- Roger and Ian Morgan Turn Sixty-Four...Birthdays for Chris Woods and Keith Curle...On This Day: Ron Hunt's one QPR goal and Simon Stainrod's One QPR Hatrick

- Dave Clement's Son Reportedly the Ray Wilkins Replacement at Chelsea

- Out-on-Loan Antonio German DID play for Southend Yesterday (after fined)


- Ex-QPR Chairman David Davies Update (and Flashback)

- Cardiff's Boothroyd in the England Squad

- In the FA Youth Cup Third Round Draw: QPR Will Play Nottingham Forest (at home)

- Bernie Ecclestone QPR "Takeover" Assertion

- Ecclestone/QPR "Flashbacks"

- Video: QPR Academy Players


Bid for QPR Poppy Shirts
http://www.qpr.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10373~2212270,00.html

- Donate to QPR GIRLS ONLINE

- QPR's Last Fan Forum: 1,299 Days Ago......QPR's Last Club/Fan 'Reps' Meeting: 244 Days Ago

Blog Archive