QPR Report Twitter Feed

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

QPR Report Wednesday: QPR in Italy...Cesena Preview...Puncheon for Gorkss?...Gabbidon Speaks...One New QPR Shirt Being Unveiled

-

-
- Throughout the day, the QPR Report Messageboard has news updates, comments and perspectives - even links to other board comments of interest re QPR matters (on and off the field) along with football (and ONLY football) topics in general....Also Follow: QPR REPORT ON TWITTER
_____________________________________________________________________________________

- Gorkss PLUS Cash reportedly being offered for Southampton's Puncheon

- Tony Roberts: Once Axed by QPR as Coach: Now Full-time Goalkeeping Coach at Arsenal as Tony Roberts Announces his Retirement from Playing

- Nice Local Report re Bodmin vs QPR

- QPR Press Spokesmman Ian Taylor Tweets "One the new #QPR kits will be revealed tomorrow - and worn by the R's in our fixture against Cesena tomorrow night! Twitter

- Officials From Atalanta & Chievo Verona in Possible Trouble

- Eleven Years Ago Today: Peter Crouch (Re)Joins QPR

- Premiership Relegation Odds

- Cesena vs QPR Broadcast Live on Italian Satellite TV

- The QPR Squad of a Year Ago

- Five Year Flashback: Caliendo and Paladini Joint Statement

- Flashback: Armel Tchakounte: What Happened Post-QPR?

- Football Scouting in the 21st Century...and Broadcasting Games on Youtube

- Birmingham's Difficulties and Norwich Transfers Assessed

- Europe's Top Clubs Threaten Revolt


QPR Official Site - ITALY BLOG: PART IIPosted on: Tue 26 Jul 2011

The R's first full day of our pre-season tour to Italy saw the players partake in their inaugural training session.

With the searing Italian heat taken firmly into account, the lads were put through their paces from 10.30am, with Strength and Conditioning Coach, Carl Serrant, overseeing the early warm-up exercises.

Thereafter, First Team Coach, Keith Curle, took over the main duties, with the majority of the drills focusing on shape and pattern of play, ahead of our tour opener against Cesena on Wednesday evening.

Adel Taarabt was present for the first time since the news broke that he'll be staying at QPR this summer, whilst Jay Bothroyd worked under the watchful eye of Head Physio, Nigel Cox, following his precautionary substitution against Plymouth Argyle last week.

Trialist Danny Webber (foot) was the only player to miss out, but the former Pompey front-man was his usual chirpy self, shouting and screaming from the sidelines, especially when Bradley Orr smashed an unstoppable strike into the roof of the net in a small drill Shaun Derry put on towards the end of the two hour session!

Webber's personality is indicative of the current spirit within the squad. You sense there's a real togetherness again like last season, which many players believe was one of the major factors behind our runaway promotion to the Barclays Premier League.

With training done and dusted, it was our turn to take centre stage, with interviews with Neil Warnock and Paddy Kenny conducted immediately as the group made their way back to the bus for the short 15 minute journey back to the hotel.

Lunch, that was - once again - fit for a King, duly followed, before the players were given free time in the afternoon, with one eye yet again on Wednesday's fixture against our Serie A opponents.

Danny Gabbidon - whose popularity amongst his team-mates appears to be growing by the day - spoke to Sami Mokbel from the Daily Mail, who is here covering the tour this week, in an interview to be printed in tomorrow's paper.

Some players took the opportunity to rest up all afternoon, whilst others - including Akos Buzsaky and Ali Faurlin (who was singing loudly about his obsession with Diego Maradona whilst pointing to a tattoo of the man himself on his chest!) opted for some R&R at the beach.

The general vibe at dinner was a positive one, with squad numbers the main topic of conversation.

Whilst I touch on that, the gaffer has made it clear that the numbers haven't been submitted to the Premier League as yet - so watch this space! QPR


Cesena Fan Perspective re Cesena and QPR



Interview Conduct/Report written by QPR Report's Interviewer Maudesfishnchips

Ddomenghini is a poster on ://www.ilcesena.net a loyal and true Cesena supporter.

Many thanks"Domenghini
"

Can you give details on Cesena, your location, your stadium, a brief history?
Cesena is a small city of 100.000 inhabitants, but we live in Romagna our blessed region. We are very proud to be "romagnoli" ( inhabitants of Romagna). Romagna ( and Cesena, obviously) is always the most important of our thoughts. Our stadium is the Dino Manuzzi, 25.000 seats, a beautiful and modern stadium. Cesena has a very glorious history. We have often been in Serie A, our best result is the 6°place, and we have played the Uefa Cup in the 1976.

How long have you supported Cesena?
I support Cesena from when I was a child, and now I'm 42 years old.

Who are your biggest rivals?

Our rivals are: a) Bologna. We hate Bologna with the whole soul. It is not only for the football, it is very more important than football. The football is only one of the battlegrounds against Bologna. b) Rimini; c) Ravenna; d) Modena; e) Verona; f) Juventus-Milan-Inter-Roma.

Are you happy with your team and the way things are your team?
Yes, very happy. This time is all right.

Are Cesena supporters treated well by your owners?
Yes, in the last three years the new owners have won two championship.

Who are your best players, past and present?
For the past years Schachner, Amarildo, Silas, Rizzitelli, Bianchi, Rossi. Now, Mutu, Parolo, Giaccherini, Von Bergen, Antonioli.

How do you see your club performing this season?
In the middle of the placings. At least I hope.

What are your views on QPR, its players, its owners, how much do you know about us?
I don't know a lot of QPR. But when I was a child I knew them. I like english football. I know that the QPR fans are proud, and I respect them.

Have you any views on our Italian players, Pellicori, Alberti?
I don't remember well Alberti, I think he was a striker, but has been in Cesena in loan only some month.

Pellicori was a good striker, but without brain. He was outcast from the Cesena because, during a summer training in a mountain place, escaped from the hotel to go to have a good time a to drink ..."

Are you looking forward to playing QPR, are you going?
Yes, I hope is a beautiful night. The place is beautiful, but the stadium is small.

What do you think the score will be?
QPR is more trained, Cesena has started now. 2-1 for you.

"Domenghini".

By the way, the game will be broadcast on local italian tv Teleromagna and Smtvsanmarino ( in streaming). And on Sky in France, canal 520.

I hope is useful to you.

Ciao from Romagna and Cesena, and good luck for your next season.

Maudesfishnchips

QPR Report profoundly thanks both Maudesfishnchips and Cesena supporter, Domenghini


MAIL/Sami Mokbel - 'West Ham are in a mess': QPR new boy Gabbidon fires parting shot at Hammers

Danny Gabbidon has aimed a blast at West Ham co-owners David Sullivan and David Gold, branding the club a 'mess'.

Gabbidon signed a 12 month deal at QPR on Monday and is currently in Milano Marittima, Italy, with his new team-mates for two pre-season matches.

The Wales defender endured a torrid final few months of his career at Upton Park that saw him hit with an FA misconduct charge for an F-word Twitter rant at Hammers fans and relegation from the Premier League.

Speaking to Sportsmail from Rangers' Italian training base, Gabbidon apologised for swearing at Hammers supporters on the popular website. But the 30-year-old, who is expected to play against Cesena on Wednesday, did not show the same levels of compassion towards Sullivan and Gold.

He said: 'My first two or three years with the club were quite good and we did quite well. 'But the last couple of years have been disappointing and a lot of things have gone on.

Under fire: West Ham owners David Gold (left) and David Sullivan (right) with vice-chairman Karren Brady
'I spoke to the club last season about a new contract but they said because of the position they were in the league they couldn't offer me one.
'There were a few goings on about whether or not they would let me go - and they messed me around.

'At the end of the season we went down, so I thought there was no chance of getting a contract. But then I got a phone call asking me if I wanted one.

'But then there was nothing else after that. It was just up and down and I didn't know what was going on.

'It's hard for me to weigh up the owners come to their decisions. But they are the owners at the end of the day and know what they are doing - or you hope they know what they are doing.
'Last season there were loads of different things going on - and it was a mess at times.
'I know when they came in they had things to sort out from the previous owners, but at times last season there were things going on that you couldn't really understand.

'Hopefully they can learn from there mistakes.'

On his now infamous Tweet, Gabbidon added: 'You have to be thick skinned to be a footballer - but you have to be even more thick skinned to be on Twitter.
'I curbed my tongue for a long time on there - but that was the final straw.

'I just felt some of the fans were using the site to abuse me and other players. And it was unjustified stick, too. It got me angry and to be honest I'm not that kind of bloke.
'When they see that you are on Twitter, they just use it as an opportunity to voice what ever they want to say on there. But I'm a human being like every one else.
'They put players on a pedestal but at the end of the day I'm just doing a job, like anyone else. 'Some of them got carried away and I vented my anger which was a bit silly of me.
Claret to Blue: QPR boss Neil Warnock has now raided Upton Park twice this summer after earlier completing a move for Kieron Dyer
'Obviously, I regret doing it but I hope the majority of fans don't think bad of me because I love them and they have always been brilliant to me.

'Will I go back on Twitter? I don't think so. Someone tried to get me back on there now I'm at QPR but I don't think so.'

Gabbidon now hopes to write a new chapter in his career after a successful week-long trial with the West London club. But he admits having to trial had him feeling like a nervous teenager again, and said: 'I felt a little bit like an apprentice in his final week before a decision is made.

'It was not something I've really had to do since I was kid. I felt strange. At first I admit I thought: "Why do I have to come on trial? Just give me a contract."

'But situations change and sometimes you have to prove yourself again or people forget what you can do.' Mail


Dave McIntyre/West London Sport - Derry: I’ll prove doubters wrong again
26 July, 2011

Shaun Derry insists he can prove himself in the Premier League – and prove his doubters wrong once again.

Those doubters have included boss Neil Warnock, who believed the 33-year-old midfielder was past his best and would be a squad player when he was signed a year ago.

Derry turned out to be a key man in Rangers’ promotion campaign, and now wants to go one better and be a regular starter in the top flight.

“I always like proving people wrong and I take encouragement from the manager’s words,” Derry told West London Sport.

“When he said last year that I was going to be a squad player, I wanted to prove him wrong and this year I don’t want to be a squad player in the Premier League – I want one of those starting places and I want to keep it.

“I’m hoping the midfield role I play in will be even more relevant this season. Last season it enabled the more attacking and creative players to shine, and I’m hoping to do a similar job this year.

“Time will tell. Obviously the class of opposition is going to be better, but we’ve all got something to prove and I certainly feel like I have. I want to prove people wrong again and show that I can play at that level.”

Derry has been linked with Millwall and a return to his former club Crystal Palace, but says he has no intention of passing up the chance to play in the top division.

“It’s a stage that every player wants to play on and I’m no different,” he declared.

“I can’t wait for the season. I’ve been excited since we lifted that trophy in May.”
WestLondonSport


- Two Cartoon Videos of QPR's "Behind the Scenes"

- Batista Out as Argentina Coach

+ David McIntyre Tweet - "davidmcintyre76 "wouldn't be surprised if Gorkss or Hall are on their way soon. Rangers open to offers."


Dave McIntyre/West London Sport - Derry: I’ll prove doubters wrong again


- "Council promise to stop QPR move" - Exactly Ten Years Ago Today

- A Statistical Guide to Points Needed to Stay Up

- Play "Spot The Ball"

- A Look Back at "The QPR Class of 2006" (On and Off The Field)

- Twelve Year Flashback: Robbie Steiner Joins QPR

- Championship Club, West Ham reportedly Bid EIGHT MILLION Pounds For Player

- Birmingham's Fresh Approach to Shirt Sponsorship

- Wolves Warn Players (with Lawyer) re Tweeting....FA to License Clubs?...Cambridge Cancel Signing after Five Weeks Because of Medical

- An Early Preview of QPR vs Bolton

- Premiership Rules re Kits

- VANISHED WITHOUT NOTICE! The Club's Official Messageboard

- Job Opening: QPR in The Community Trust

- For Sale: QPR Championship Medal (Proceeds to QPR in the Community Trust)

- Still No QPR Offical Site Update re the Status of the Official Supporters Club (OSC). Despite Committee Resignations.

- QPR Reserves Beat Truro City

- QPR Youth Exit in Irish Tournament

- UEFA U-19 Championships Currently Under Way

- Home Ticket Price Information

- Something to Look Forward to: Flashback from June Official Site: "Plans are already afoot for a pre-season celebration, once the players return to training in July" - QPR

- Year Flashback "When Saturday Comes (WSC)/Matthew Rudd - The problem with Jimmy Bullard


QPR Pre-Season Fixtures 2011/12

Wednesday 27th July - Cesena (a) 8.30pm
Saturday 30th July - Trofeo Bortolotti Tournament (a) 8.00pm onwards
Tuesday 2nd August - Crawley Town (a) 7.45pm
Friday August 5 - Vs Luton (A)
QPR

- - Bid on a QPR Championship Winners Medal (Proceeds to QPR Community Trust.)

Blog Archive