QPR Report Twitter Feed

Friday, November 04, 2011

QPR Report Friday Update...New Book About QPR

-
-Foreward by Mark Lazarus. Introduction by Ron Phillips. Book Details/Order Information
-
From Bushman Archives
-
- Throughout the day, the QPR Report Messageboard has news updates, comments and perspectives - even links to other board comments of interest re QPR matters (on and off the field) along with football (and ONLY football) topics in general....Also Follow: QPR REPORT ON TWITTER
_____________________________________________________________________________________

- Flashback: 1976 Interview with Stan Bowles

- QPR's 1976 Pre-Season Tour Photos

- Birthday for Simon Barker

- Five Year Flashback: When Saturday Comes (WSC) on QPR

- Ex-QPR Steve Lomas Gets Managerial Appointment

- Soccerex Global Convention: Rio De Janeiro, November 26-30

- Stephen Adams/When Saturday Comes - The Demise of Radio Commentators

- Guardian Gallery (Which Featured Neil Warnock last year) seeks Adel Taarabt Photoshop Cartoons

- Next: Manchester City: Past Results...Past Shared Players


David McIntyre/West London Sport - QPR's Mr Dependable

Clint Hill thought he was finished at QPR two weeks ago and would always look back on his solitary Premier League appearance with regret.

Handed a chance to play in the top flight at the age of 32, his big day ended in disaster – Rangers were thumped 4-0 by Bolton and he was sent off for lashing out at Martin Petrov.

While he was serving a suspension, his club signed the likes of Armand Traore and Luke Young, and Hill doubted he would get a chance to redeem himself.

“I wasn’t in the side – or even the squad – and it seemed I wasn’t in the manager’s plans.”

But after being loaned to Nottingham Forest, he was recalled 24 hours before playing in the recent derby victory against Chelsea.

“The feelings I had after those two matches couldn’t have been more different,” Hill told West London Sport.

“I was so disappointed with myself after the Bolton game. I reacted in a way I shouldn’t have and know I let myself down.

“It messed me up for the next two months and I thought it would end up being my one and only game in the Premier League, which would have been tough to take after waiting all my career to play at that level.

“To be honest I thought that was it for me. I wasn’t in the side – or even the squad – and it seemed I wasn’t in the manager’s plans.

“I went to Forest to play some games and was thinking that if I did well I might get a year there.

“It was a massive shock to get the call on the Friday telling me I was going back – and even more of a shock to play against Chelsea.”

Traore recovered from a thigh problem in time to return to the side for Sunday’s defeat against Tottenham, but Hill – a substitute in that game – is determined to prove he can remain a valuable squad player.

And he is equally determined to enjoy what could be his final months at the club. His contract is due to expire next year and the former Tranmere man accepts that Rangers may look to replace him.

“I just want to show I can make a contribution to the team,” he said.

Hill was a vital player for QPR as they won promotion last season

“We’ve seen already this season that lads who’ve spent most of their career in the Championship can perform when called upon. Heidar Helguson’s done it and Shaun Derry has been a vital cog for us.

“Obviously the takeover means things have changed for the club in terms of transfer targets. But I love playing for QPR and if called upon I’ll always give my all.

“And if does turn out to be my last season at the club then I definitely want to play well and go out on a high.”

That will partly depend on manager Neil Warnock, who took the player from Crystal Palace to west London and once described Hill as “a gem of a man.”

Warnock is likely to add another full-back to his squad when the transfer window reopens but would have no qualms about turning to one of his most trusted performers if need be.

“Nothing that lad ever does surprises me now,” said Warnock.

“I thought he’d probably played his last game for me and then he comes back and does brilliantly against Chelsea.

“Clint Hill will never let you down. Simple as that. He was gutted after the Bolton game and didn’t deserve to go out on that note, so I’m delighted for him.”
http://www.westlondonsport.com/features-comment/qprs-mr-dependable/


- Troy Hewitt Returns to QPR
Dagenham Official Site - Hewitt Heads Back To Queens Park Rangers
- The club can today reveal that Troy Hewitt will not be returning to the club following the expiration of his loan deal.
- Troy joined the club for an initial one month and after appearing six times for the club John Still decided not to renew his loan deal.
- Troy has now returned to Queens Park Rangers and everyone at the Daggers wishes him well for the future" Dagenham


QPR's Lakshmi Mittal comes in at #47 on this year's "World's Most Powerful People List" - Complete FORBES "World's Most Powerful List"

- QPR Poppy Day Shirt - For Charity Auction

- Chelsea Fans Chanting: Comments...Chelsea Official Statement

- Query of the Day! The Official Supporters Club A Year Ago...(Is it Still Active?)

- Football's Fight Against Racism, Anti-Semitism, Homophobia, etc Week (Fortnight)

- UPDATE: JOHN TERRY "Vs" Anton Ferdinand: Latest Stories..Who's Saying What..What's Been Revealed/Claimed

Blog Archive